2018 Information Technology Research Review
- The global market for cloud and data center networks will grow from $17.0 billion in 2017 to $34.0 billion by 2022, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.9% for the period of 2017-2022.
- The global market for software-defined storage products and services reached $8.5 billion in 2017. The market should reach $18.2 billion by 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.4% during 2017-2022.
- The global market for internet of things in retail should grow from $21.7 billion million in 2018 to reach nearly $50.0 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.0% for the period of 2018-2023.
Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing is one of the key technology trends to emerge in recent years. With IoT technologies helped connecting technical devices and other smart objects to the internet and to each other, cloud computing has provided users with cost-effective, efficient and more secure alternatives to transform and enhance the businesses. These advanced technologies in an attempt to resolve several economic and social issues, are helping in creating a perfect connection between the physical and digital worlds.
IoT has turned the concept of smart-homes and devices, and workplaces into a reality. The technology is laying foundation for enhancing operations in various industries such as in retail and manufacturing industries. With the latest developments in the field of IoT, and cloud and datacenters, industries are capable of revamping the entire business processes, from product design to system delivery to selling at point of sales (POS).
While these trends are already transforming businesses, the concept of artificial intelligence (AI) is still on the horizon. This level of processing will increase the requirements on network performance as well as storage of organizations’ intellectual or business data. Thus, the benefits of cloud and data center networks are starting to justify new investments, as legacy networks and storage technologies lack in capacity to deal wih today’s dynamic application environment.
The Information Technology Research Review provides a brief of the type of quantitative market information, analysis and guidance that has been aiding business decision making since BCC Research was founded in 1971. It includes highlights of several market research reports that were published in 2018 and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments.
Below given are the list of topics that are covered in this research review.
- IFT103A Cloud and Data Center Network Technologies: Global Market Through 2022.
- IFT116A Software-defined Storage: Global Markets to 2022.
- IFT135A The Internet of Things (IoT) in Global Retail Markets Through 2023.
- IFT145A Internet of Things (IoT) Technologies for Process Manufacturing: Global Markets.
- IFT149A Quantum Computing: Technologies and Global Markets to 2022.
- IFT151A Smart Home Technologies: Global Markets to 2022.
- IFT157A Global Markets and Technologies for Edge Computing Through 2023.
BCC Research Staff
BCC Research Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- The global market for picture archiving and communication systems (PACS), radiological information systems (RIS) and cardiovascular information systems (CVIS) was valued at nearly $3.6 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach nearly $5.1 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% from 2014 to 2019.
- The global market for smart cities information and communication technologies (ICT) was valued at $293.2 billion in 2014 and should reach $668.5 billion by 2019, with a CAGR of 17.9% from 2014 to 2019.
- The global market for enterprise mobility is expected to grow from $99.5 billion by 2015 to $201.6 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 15.2% from 2015 to 2020.
- The value of the worldwide market for conformal coating materials, equipment and spares reached $8.1 billion in 2013 and should grow from $9 billion in 2014 to $12.2 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% between 2014 and 2019.
- The worldwide market for embedded technology was valued at $142.8 billion in 2013. The market is expected to grow at a projected CAGR of 5.4% over the next five years to total $152.4 billion in 2014 and $198.5 billion by 2019.
- The global digital home entertainment systems market reached nearly $147.4 billion in 2012 and $150.9 billion in 2013. This market should reach $176.3 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 3.2% over the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- The global voice recognition market was valued at nearly $47 billion in 2011 and should reach $53.4 billion in 2012. Total market value should total $113.2 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate of 16.2%.
- The global market for biometric technologies is estimated to be $8.7 billion in 2013. In 2014, the forecasted revenues will likely reach almost $11.2 billion and $27.5 billion by 2019, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.8%.
- The global market for mobile applications totaled about $6.5 billion in 2012. The market is estimated to be worth approximately $8.6 billion in 2013. At a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.7%, the market is expected to grow to nearly $16.3 billion by 2018.
This 2012 Information Technology Research Review provides:
- Coverage of various types of passive and interconnecting electronic components and the technologies involved.
- Analysis of the printed electronics market with the greatest commercial potential for the near-term to midterm (2012 to 2016).
- Understanding of the primary products in the market; the products to print digital photographs; and complementary products closely tied to digital photography.
- Understanding of the embedded devices architecture and the roles played by different hardware components.
- Role of conformal coatings in providing protection to electronic products.
- The total installed combined base for self-service technologies including ATMs, self-service kiosks and vending machines for 2010 is estimated at 28.2 million units and is expected to reach 33.8 million units by 2015, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% from 2010 through 2015.
- BCC Research forecasts a very promising future for the global market for non-cellular waveform chipsets in mobile phones. This market was worth nearly $4.3 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 17.8% CAGR to reach $9.7 billion in 2015.
- The global market for electronic gaming reached $66 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach at $69.9 billion by the end of 2011 and it will further grow to $111.7 billion by 2016 at an estimated CAGR of 9.8% from 2011 to 2016.
Voice recognition technologies are becoming integral parts of products and services that span a much broader array of industries. This global market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% between 2010 and 2015. The total market is valued at an estimated $38.4 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $58.4 in 2015.
The total global market for retail technologies at the storefront, including point-of-sale terminals, electronic fund transfer point-of-sale terminals, self-checkout terminals, and mobile self-scanners, is estimated at nearly $7 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $9.5 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3%.
The market for AFIS and fingerprint biometric technologies account for the greatest share of the global biometrics market and is forecast to continue to be the main source of overall market revenues from 2010 to 2015 and beyond. This sector is valued at $2.7 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 19.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach nearly $6.6 billion in 2015.