- The global content delivery network market should reach $34.3 billion by 2024 from $11.5 billion in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.5% for the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.
- The global infrastructure as a service (IaaS) market should reach $97.6 billion by 2023 from $31.1 billion in 2018 at a CAGR of 25.7% for the forecast period of 2018 to 2023.
- The global advanced analytics market should reach $281.0 billion by 2024 from $247.6 billion in 2019 at a CAGR of 2.6% for the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.
In the current competitive environment, businesses need to continuously evolve to sustain and succeed. Information technology solutions such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, content delivery networks and others have become a key component of the business and these technologies help businesses in creating unique products and services which are more relevant to their field. Artificial intelligence is currently being used to analyse data in several fields such as education, retail, life sciences, healthcare and others. AI is not only being used to analyse data but also to synthesize new data, such as new visual content. Also, significant development of quantum algorithms has further improved the computational performance of AI. Effective implementation of AI help companies in understanding their customers with a new depth of granularity. As companies increase the digitization of their operations, more solutions can be development which can improve the holistic experiences of the customers.
Over the last year, there has also been a significant improvement in the field of additive manufacturing. Many industry experts believe this technology to evolve from the protype phase to full scale implementation especially in the automotive industry. Usage of 3D printing helps automotive companies to innovate faster, create new markets, produce new parts and reinvent their existing supply chains.
This information technology research review provides a sampling of the type of quantitative market information, analysis and guidance that has been aiding business decision making since BCC Research was founded in 1971. It includes highlights of reports published in 2019 on the following information technology markets:
- IFT095B Content Delivery Networks: Global Markets.
- IFT177A Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Global Markets to 2023.
- IFT179A Global Market for Quantum Cryptography.
- IFT173A 3D Printed Medical Devices.
- IFT178A Cloud Computing Technologies: A Global Outlook.
- IFT183A Analytics Markets: A Global Outlook.
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
BCC Publishing Staff
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- The global market for cloud and data center networks will grow from $17.0 billion in 2017 to $34.0 billion by 2022, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.9% for the period of 2017-2022.
- The global market for software-defined storage products and services reached $8.5 billion in 2017. The market should reach $18.2 billion by 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.4% during 2017-2022.
- The global market for internet of things in retail should grow from $21.7 billion million in 2018 to reach nearly $50.0 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.0% for the period of 2018-2023.
- The global market for picture archiving and communication systems (PACS), radiological information systems (RIS) and cardiovascular information systems (CVIS) was valued at nearly $3.6 billion in 2014. This market is expected to reach nearly $5.1 billion in 2019, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% from 2014 to 2019.
- The global market for smart cities information and communication technologies (ICT) was valued at $293.2 billion in 2014 and should reach $668.5 billion by 2019, with a CAGR of 17.9% from 2014 to 2019.
- The global market for enterprise mobility is expected to grow from $99.5 billion by 2015 to $201.6 billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 15.2% from 2015 to 2020.
- The value of the worldwide market for conformal coating materials, equipment and spares reached $8.1 billion in 2013 and should grow from $9 billion in 2014 to $12.2 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% between 2014 and 2019.
- The worldwide market for embedded technology was valued at $142.8 billion in 2013. The market is expected to grow at a projected CAGR of 5.4% over the next five years to total $152.4 billion in 2014 and $198.5 billion by 2019.
- The global digital home entertainment systems market reached nearly $147.4 billion in 2012 and $150.9 billion in 2013. This market should reach $176.3 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 3.2% over the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- The global voice recognition market was valued at nearly $47 billion in 2011 and should reach $53.4 billion in 2012. Total market value should total $113.2 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate of 16.2%.
- The global market for biometric technologies is estimated to be $8.7 billion in 2013. In 2014, the forecasted revenues will likely reach almost $11.2 billion and $27.5 billion by 2019, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.8%.
- The global market for mobile applications totaled about $6.5 billion in 2012. The market is estimated to be worth approximately $8.6 billion in 2013. At a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.7%, the market is expected to grow to nearly $16.3 billion by 2018.
This 2012 Information Technology Research Review provides:
- Coverage of various types of passive and interconnecting electronic components and the technologies involved.
- Analysis of the printed electronics market with the greatest commercial potential for the near-term to midterm (2012 to 2016).
- Understanding of the primary products in the market; the products to print digital photographs; and complementary products closely tied to digital photography.
- Understanding of the embedded devices architecture and the roles played by different hardware components.
- Role of conformal coatings in providing protection to electronic products.
- The total installed combined base for self-service technologies including ATMs, self-service kiosks and vending machines for 2010 is estimated at 28.2 million units and is expected to reach 33.8 million units by 2015, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% from 2010 through 2015.
- BCC Research forecasts a very promising future for the global market for non-cellular waveform chipsets in mobile phones. This market was worth nearly $4.3 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 17.8% CAGR to reach $9.7 billion in 2015.
- The global market for electronic gaming reached $66 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach at $69.9 billion by the end of 2011 and it will further grow to $111.7 billion by 2016 at an estimated CAGR of 9.8% from 2011 to 2016.
Voice recognition technologies are becoming integral parts of products and services that span a much broader array of industries. This global market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% between 2010 and 2015. The total market is valued at an estimated $38.4 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $58.4 in 2015.
The total global market for retail technologies at the storefront, including point-of-sale terminals, electronic fund transfer point-of-sale terminals, self-checkout terminals, and mobile self-scanners, is estimated at nearly $7 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $9.5 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3%.
The market for AFIS and fingerprint biometric technologies account for the greatest share of the global biometrics market and is forecast to continue to be the main source of overall market revenues from 2010 to 2015 and beyond. This sector is valued at $2.7 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 19.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach nearly $6.6 billion in 2015.