Audio Codec: Global Markets
The global market for audio codec integrated circuits (ICs) should grow from $6.3 billion in 2020 to reach $8.3 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% during the forecast period of 2020-2025.
- 39 data tables and 23 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for audio codec integrated circuits (ICs) within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2019-2020, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Highlights of the new technological developments and evaluation of market size and market share analysis for audio codecs based on component, application and geographical region
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces affecting the growth of the market
- Impact of COVID-19 on the audio codec market as against the overall semiconductor industry
- Coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of the key market players, including Analog Devices Inc., Cirrus Logic, DSP Group, Realtek Semiconductor, Maxim Integrated, Qualcomm, Texas Instruments, STMicroelectronics and Fraunhofer IIS
In this report, the market is segmented by component, application and geography. The component segment is further broken down into hardware and software.
The software segment only includes those software components or audio codec algorithms that are implemented on hardware IC/chips to enable audio codec functionalities in Bluetooth-enabled consumer electronic devices. Thus, the software segment only focusses on software audio codecs which are used in Bluetooth devices (known as Bluetooth audio codecs) such as SBC, LDAC, LC3, and AAC.
This report provides an overview of the global audio codec market and analyzes market trends and challenges that will affect the vendor landscape. Using 2019 as the base year, the report provides market projections for the forecast period 2020 through 2025. This report also takes into consideration the economic slowdown caused by lockdowns across the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.