Mobile Wallet Technologies: Global Markets
The global market for mobile wallet technologies was valued at just $4.1 billion in 2011 and increased to $8 billion in 2012. This market is expected to reach $665.1 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 142.1%.
- An overview of the global mobile wallet market.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017.
- Examination of supporting equipment and technologies, including RFID, smartphones, and 4G technology.
- Discussion of payment framework and challenges, and legislation and regulatory framework for devices and technologies.
- Delineation of technologies, such as mobile commerce, mobile payments (taxis, hotels, phone bills and others, and entertainment events), premium messages, mobile Web payments, near-field communication (NFC), cloud computing, and social media.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The market is segmented on the basis of technologies: mobile commerce—mobile payment solutions (taxi, hotel, phone bills and others), entertainment and event, premium messages, direct mobile billing, mobile Web payments and frictionless /contactless near field communication (NFC); mobile commerce—cloud computing and social media; mobile ticketing—rail, metro and bus tickets; airline tickets and boarding passes; passenger check-in; and baggage check-in; micropayments. This report will also in detail the following product segmentations: NFC chips, NFC tags, NFC readers, NFC micro secure digital (SD) cards and NFC SIM/universal integrated circuit card (UICC).
The scope of the mobile wallet market will exclude online payments, payments through debit/credit cards (electronic fund transfers at the point of sales) and online trading. The mobile wallet includes only the payments made through exclusive service providers of the mobile wallet through a personalized mobile wallet account.
This report focuses on the following topics:
- Market analysis and key findings.
- Strategic recommendations.
- Regulatory framework across geographies.
- Market dynamics at macro and micro level markets.
- Market forecast from 2011 to 2017.
- Market intelligence, competitive dynamics and recent developments.
- Key player profiles.
Priyanka Patel has more than five years experience in business research, consulting and marketing. She has vast experience in the automatic identity and security domain applied in all end-user markets, extending from aerospace to automotive markets. She has constantly tracked key technologies in the security market. She has authored reports on RFID healthcare markets, RTLS market opportunities, Smartcard application opportunities, Chipless tag market and many others. She has continuously interacted with key industry participant across the globe through analyst briefings. She has constantly delivered research services, which have included high-level business intelligence, market dynamic analysis, strategic recommendation, opportunity analysis, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis, Porter’s Five Force model, pricing analysis, cost benefit analysis, investment models and others. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and an MBA in Marketing.