Printed Electronics: Global Markets to 2022
The global printed electronics market should reach $26.6 billion by 2022 from $14.0 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6%, from 2017 to 2022.
- 35 data tables
- An overview of the global market for printed electronics
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- An insight into the types of printed electronics and their respective properties, advantages, and disadvantages
- Overview of the size, segmentation, and projected growth trends of the printed electronics market
- Descriptions of key patents related to the printed electronics market
- Profiles of major players and companies in the market, including: Acreo AB, Air Products and Chemicals, Applied Ink Solutions, Cambridge Display Technologies, Conductive Inkjet Technology, Cypak, Delta Optoelectronics Inc., DKN Research
This report will provide trends, market sizing and forecast across printed electronic component segments, including printing methods, inks and substrates, and across applications including optoelectronics for displays, energy, sensors and radio frequency devices.
Usage of printed electronics will be sized and forecast in terms of revenue for suppliers from key industries, including consumer products, building products, medical and life sciences, advertising, motor vehicles, retail, environmental monitoring, and transport and logistics. Regional coverage of these segments includes North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World.
Michael Sullivan has been Senior Editor at BCC Research since 2014. He has pioneered the company's Information Technology (IFT) category and significantly expanded it to provide in depth coverage of new areas such as the technologies that underpin the burgeoning Internet of Things (IoT) markets. An author and journalist, he also writes market research reports in the categories of Environment, Healthcare, Information Technology, Instrumentation and Sensors and Security. He has an MBA from Boston University School of Management.
The global market for printed electronics totaled almost $2.7 billion in 2010, nearly $3.5 billion in 2011, and BCC estimates the market will be more than $12.6 billion in 2016, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 29.4% over the next five years.
- The global market for PE will increase from $2.8 billion in 2007 to an estimated $3.1 billion by the end of 2008. It should reach $8.8 billion in 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 23.2%.
- The market for printed electronics for energy applications is expected to grow at a CAGR of 139.5%, from an estimated $18.1 million in 2008 to $1.4 billion in 2013.
- Printed electroluminescent lighting and displays make up the largest technology segment, although their market share is projected to decline from 85% in 2007 to 34% in 2013.