Virtual and Augmented Reality: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for virtual and augmented reality was nearly $4.5 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $105.2 billion by 2020 from $8.1 billion in 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 67% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets and related technologies for virtual and augmented reality.
- Analyses of U.S. as well as international market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Insight into the market through market sizes, revenue forecasts, value chain analysis, market & product trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Breakdowns of the market and analyses presented by type, by application, by technology, by component and by geography.
- Discussion covering current and future trends and analysis on a basis of various competitive technologies.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Coverage of leading players and their key developments, strategies, and profiles.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this report includes overall AR and VR device revenues, including software. Parallel markets were also tracked, such as mobile applications, software, services and wearables, to determine the overall AR and VR market.
VR and AR are classified as follows:
- By component: hardware and software.
- By technology: non-immersive, immersive, semi-immersive and distributed for VR; and mobile-based, wearable, vision and spatial for AR.
- By sector: healthcare, gaming, education, military, industrial training and others.
- By region: North America (the U.S. and Canada); Europe (France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia, the Commonwealth of Independent States and Rest of Europe; Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others); and Rest of World (ROW) (the Middle East, Africa and South America).
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the virtual reality and augmented reality market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players.
Sinha G. Gaurav, research analyst, holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). He has worked in almost all domains across the market research industry. He has 11 years of experience in the fields of market research and investment banking. His primary focus is in healthcare, chemicals, electronics, finance and database designing. His publications include subjects such as quantum dots, IT in healthcare, alternative data, ultrafast lasers, inorganic polymers, waste management, factory automation and Voxel, among others.