Virtual and Augmented Reality: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for virtual and augmented reality was nearly $4.5 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $105.2 billion by 2020 from $8.1 billion in 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 67% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets and related technologies for virtual and augmented reality.
- Analyses of U.S. as well as international market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Insight into the market through market sizes, revenue forecasts, value chain analysis, market & product trends, and the competitive landscape.
- Breakdowns of the market and analyses presented by type, by application, by technology, by component and by geography.
- Discussion covering current and future trends and analysis on a basis of various competitive technologies.
- Evaluation of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- Coverage of leading players and their key developments, strategies, and profiles.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The scope of this report includes overall AR and VR device revenues, including software. Parallel markets were also tracked, such as mobile applications, software, services and wearables, to determine the overall AR and VR market.
VR and AR are classified as follows:
- By component: hardware and software.
- By technology: non-immersive, immersive, semi-immersive and distributed for VR; and mobile-based, wearable, vision and spatial for AR.
- By sector: healthcare, gaming, education, military, industrial training and others.
- By region: North America (the U.S. and Canada); Europe (France, Italy, Germany, the U.K., Russia, the Commonwealth of Independent States and Rest of Europe; Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others); and Rest of World (ROW) (the Middle East, Africa and South America).
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the virtual reality and augmented reality market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players.
Sinha G. Gaurav focuses on electronics and semiconductors markets, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications range from factory automation and big data to industrial controls and helmet-mounted displays. He holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University and an MBA degree in finance from ICFAI Business School.
- Global 5G Chipset Market (SMC117A)
- Semiconductor Devices for High Temperature Applications: Market Opportunities (SMC114A)
- Wood Coatings: Technologies and Application Markets (AVM182A)
- Hyperspectral Imaging: Technologies and Global Markets to 2023 (IAS135A)
- Bioremediation: Global Markets and Technologies to 2023 (ENV044A)