Automated Material Handling Equipment: The North American Market
The North American market for automated material handling material, warehouse and supply chain software (consensus scenario) should grow from $20.4 billion in 2019 to $28.7 billion by 2024 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% for the period of 2019-2024.
- 73 data tables and 190 additional tables
- An overview of North American market for automated material handling equipment
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018, estimates of 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Explanation of major drivers and regional dynamics of the market and current trends within the industry
- Knowledge about Zigbee, Bluetooth, RFID integration, and bar coding and explanation of their role in enhancing automated material handling equipment industry growth
- A look into issues and costs associated with automated equipment applications
- Detailed profiles of major players in the industry, including Aagard Group LLC, BluJay Solutions Inc., C&D Skilled Robotics Inc., Dematic Corp. and Honeywell Intelligrated
The scope of this report is specifically focused on automated industrial material handling equipment and software systems and programs in North America. The market is broken down by major equipment types, software programs and end user applications and industries. Further, regional breakdown of the markets in the United States and Canada are explored. The market is discussed with estimated values derived from available data.
This report focuses only on automated equipment. References are included for further information on traditional motive power industrial applications for material handling equipment. This report is not focused on the specialized equipment that may be automated for product manufacture. Most of that equipment is of specialized design to meet the needs of the manufacturer. However, the movement of finished goods and packaging and palletizing these goods for shipment to the attached warehouse or distribution centers is included. Material handling equipment is also used in large specialty applications such as ship cargo handling equipment, but this market was not considered.
The following are brief summaries of the chapters included in this report.
Chapter One presents the report’s scope, methodology and structure, as well as reasons for doing this study.
Chapter Two provides an executive summary of the information presented in this report.
Chapter Three introduces automated material handling equipment types, the basis for the classifications used in this report, trade publications, trade shows, trade organizations and major benefits of automated materials handling equipment and software systems.
Chapter Four discusses trends in the industry, introduces the innovative developments that lie ahead and presents challenges for supply chain managers.
Chapter Five provides a comprehensive overview of the automated material handling market and warehouse and supply chain market by equipment and software types. In forecasting the changes in this market, three scenarios are developed based upon several factors that are important for the industry. For the purposes of this report, the geographic areas studied include the United States and Canada. The scenarios developed are then applied to these two countries in Chapter Five.
Chapter Six investigates the market for automated materials handling equipment by application, end users and geographically by regions within the United States and Canada.
Chapter Seven looks at the changes occurring in the industry by examining recently granted patents and patent applications filed. It identifies the major innovators in this market space.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in these markets. Further, it explains the major drivers and dynamics of the market and current trends within the industry.
This report details figures for 2018 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) projections for 2019 to 2024. A discussion of emerging technologies describes the areas in which research is being performed and incentivized and their anticipated effects in future markets.
Note that values are expressed in millions of dollars. Totals are rounded to the nearest integer (i.e., less than $500,000 is expressed as <1) or “0” if appropriate. Values are based on the equivalent of retail, which is the price publicly advertised.
This report’s project analyst, Stephen Schey, had more than 10 years of personal experience in the electric forktruck battery charging industry, starting in 1996. He was involved in the design and business case development of the first system for fast-charging industrial fork truck batteries (Minit-Charger). He participated in the development of the technology products into a strategic offering for customers and developed the value proposition for replacing the traditional battery exchange systems for multi-shift operations. He sold the first units in a manufacturing environment in 1998. He managed the southern region of the United States, promoting and selling the Minit‐Charger product to warehouses, distribution centers and airports through managed national accounts and local dealers.
The North American market for automated material handling was valued at nearly $4.5 billion in 2013 and $4.8 billion in 2014. The total market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% from 2014 through 2019 and reach $7.1 billion by 2019.
- An overview of the North American market for automated material handling equipment and systems for a variety of commercial applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, and projections CAGRs through 2019.
- Coverage of applications including 3PL (third party logistics), automotive, mail order, food and beverage, wholesale distribution, medical and pharmaceutical, parcel post, printing and publishing, bulk material handling and mining, airport baggage handling as well as other applications.
- Information about various automated material handling products currently on the North American market, new products and technologies, key manufacturers by product type, and industry direction.
- Analysis of the market’s dynamics including drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Analysis of governmental regulations as well as environmental programs and incentives.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry.