Global Fluorescence Microscopy Market
The global fluorescence microscopy market should reach $768.4 million by 2023 from $547.8 million in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% for the period of 2018 to 2023.
- 75 data tables
- An overview of the global market for fluorescence microscopy
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- A look into background, history, development and evolution of microscopy, optical microscopy and fluorescence microscopy
- Detailed description about technologies, new developments and future of the fluorescence microscopy
- Comprehensive analyses of the major players of the industry, including Bruker Corp., Doric Lenses Inc., Edmund Optics Inc., Horiba Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific and Zeiss
For the purpose of this report, fluorescence microscopy or microscope is defined as an optical microscope that uses fluorescence and phosphorescence instead of, or in addition to, reflection and absorption, to study properties of organic or inorganic substances. A fluorescence microscope is based on the phenomenon that certain materials emit energy which is detectable as visible light when irradiated with the light of a specific wavelength. The absorption and subsequent re-radiation of light by organic and inorganic specimens is mainly the result of either fluorescence or phosphorescence. A conventional microscope uses visible light (400-700 nanometers) to illuminate and produce a magnified image of a sample. A fluorescence microscope uses a much more intense light source that excites a fluorescent species in a sample of interest. This fluorescent species in turn emits a lower energy light of a longer wavelength that produces the magnified image, instead of the original light source.
The scope of this report covers the global fluorescence microscopy market for various end-user application industries. The market is broken down by illumination methods, types of fluorescence microscopes, technology, region, and applications (end users). Revenue forecasts from 2018 to 2023 are given for each fluorescence microscopy segment, and regional market with estimated values derived from the manufacturers’ total revenues.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players across each regional market. Further, it explains the major drivers, regional dynamics of the global fluorescence microscopy market and current trends within the industry.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors.
- For the purpose of this report, fluorescence microscopy or microscope is defined as an optical microscope that uses fluorescence and phosphorescence instead of, or in addition to reflection and absorption, to study properties of organic or inorganic substances. A fluorescence microscope uses a high intensity light source which excites a fluorescent species in a sample of interest. This fluorescent species in turn emits a lower energy light of a longer wavelength that produces the magnified image instead of the original light source.
- The report covers hardware revenue of companies active in the global fluorescence microscopy market. The report covers companies that provide specific parts of fluorescence microscopy such as cameras for fluorescence microscopy.
- However, companies (and revenue from those companies) that do not categorically sell hardware and tools for the fluorescence microscopy are not part of this report.
- The report also covers service revenue of active vendors in the fluorescence microscopy space. However, the report excludes standalone service providers and revenue from those providers.
- The report also covers software revenue, provided the software is a part of the overall package. The dedicated Leica Application Suite (LAS) X software platform provided by Leica is an example.
- Standalone software providers are out of scope of this report.
- Revenue forecasts from 2018 to 2023 are given for each fluorescence microscopy segment. Regional markets with estimated values are derived from manufacturers’ total revenues which includes hardware, services and sometimes software.
The report begins with an introduction to the evolving global fluorescence microscopy market and the various factors which impact the market. The report then identifies the following:
- Primary forces with a direct impact on the market.
- Secondary forces that have an indirect impact.
- Key challenges that may hinder the growth of this market.
- Key trends visible in the market.
- Leading segments within the market.
- Patent analysis of the key players active in the market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ritam Biswas has more than 13 years of experience in the market research and financial research space and has written and consulted on several research and advisory projects in various technology verticals. He has worked as a team leader and lead analyst in several technology businesses and has written numerous reports in areas such as disruptive technology, innovative and new technologies, advanced end-user computing, cloud security, virtualization security, mobile security and deep packet inspection.