Global Markets for Machine Vision Technologies
The global market for machine vision (MV) system components was nearly $13.5 billion in 2012. This is expected to grow to $15.2 billion in 2014 and further increase to nearly $23.5 billion in 2019. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the five-year period from 2014 to 2019 is expected to be 9%.
- An overview of the global market for machine vision (MV), an automated technology through which images are captured and transferred to a PC and processed thereafter, for inspection and reporting of the processed results.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) from 2014 through 2019.
- Examinations of the global market for the various components that make up an MV system, as well as the advances in MV technology, such as smart cameras and vision-guided robotics, that have facilitated and accelerated varied applications for industrial as well as nonindustrial use in the near future.
- Discussion of the structure of the industries involved in the research, development, design, and manufacture of MV components and systems.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major manufacturers.
The scope of this report is the market for MV hardware and software, including smart cameras and smart sensors, compact vision systems, personal computer-based MV systems, MV lighting and cameras, and frame grabbers.
A variety of factors were considered in making the market forecast, including plant construction and upgrades, the rate at which new MV technology is being applied in new areas, the underlying economic growth of the overall market, and the growth rates reported by manufacturers and users of MV products.
The report will look at the global market for the various components that comprise an MV system. These components have been undergoing constant upgrades in terms of sophistication, but providing easier operation. In addition, the prices of these components continue to fall, so the MV industry has been characterized by improving price and performance ratios. This has made the market for MV components very competitive. This study will examine the nature of the competition and offer a regional breakdown of this market. In addition, there will be a look at future global markets for MV systems and the technologies that will be involved. Starting with some basic manufacturing applications two decades ago in a few selected countries, the growth of this technology has allowed it to penetrate varied nonmanufacturing fields and the market has become global in nature.
Recent advances in MV technology have facilitated and accelerated varied applications for manufacturing as well as nonmanufacturing use in the near future. This report investigates the present global and regional markets for these various applications and provides a realistic forecast of their growth.
The major objective of this report is to determine the worldwide market for MV systems and its growth potential over the next five years. It also highlights the various technologies involved and improvements in them. There is a look at the structure of the industries involved in the research, development, design and manufacture of MV components and systems. Profiles of global manufacturers are provided along with a discussion of the global competition in this ever-expanding market. An analysis of patents issued to various companies for related technologies and processes is contained in this study. Forecasts take into account product and technology life cycles.
Information has been provided in a simple-to-understand and easy-to-grasp format. Necessary figures regarding global and regional sales and forecasts of MV systems and components for both the manufacturing and nonmanufacturing sectors are provided as easy-to-read figures and tables.
Srinivasa Rajaram is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in senior positions in multinational organizations in manufacturing fields. He has designed layouts of manufacturing systems, and has authored several leading technology market research reports for BCC Research.
- The global market for machine vision system components was $10.3 billion in 2009, slightly more than the market figure for 2008, which was nearly $9.9 billion. This is expected to grow to $11.2 billion in 2010 and further increase to nearly $18 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% for the period of 2010 to 2015.
- Miscellaneous components represent the fastest growing market segment. This sector was worth $2.2 billion in 2009 and $2.4 billion in 2010. By 2015, miscellaneous components will be worth an estimated $4 billion, an 11.2% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
- Optics/lighting/frame grabbers represent the largest market share, valued at nearly $3 billion in 2009. This market is expected to reach $3.3 billion by the end of 2010 and $5.3 billion by 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.3%.
The global market for machine vision systems by application was worth $8.1 billion in 2006 and will reach upwards of almost $9 billion by 2007. At a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.9%, this market will grow to more than $15 billion by 2012.
Total industrial applications held the highest share of the market through the forecast period. In 2007 they were worth $6.4 billion. By the end of 2012 this sector will grow to $9.3 billion, more than 62% of the total global market.
The combined non-industrial sector had the highest growth rate through the forecast period. By 2012 it will be worth more than $5.7 billion, a CAGR of 17.0%.
Machine vision, the combination of cameras, lighting and software to capture and analyze moving images, is distinguished from other electronic imaging technologies because it is specifically associated with industrial manufacturing. In the 1980s, machine vision emerged as a means to improve the manufacturing process, and its use has been growing steadily ever since.
The trend towards total quality and recent advances in machine vision technology are working in tandem to open the doors for machine vision in a wider variety of markets and applications. Machine vision systems have been critical in helping meet the growing demand by consumers for high quality, defect-free products.
Manufacturers of all kinds are realizing the benefits of using machine vision in conjunction with automated, high-speed processes to increase productivity, improve product quality, and reduce waste. As the technology continues to develop, the applications for which machine vision can be used will certainly expand as well.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.