Mining Automation: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for automated mining equipment should grow from $6.2 billion in 2018 to $19.6 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 53 data tables and 53 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for mining automation and technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- In-depth analysis of major mining automation equipment technologies
- Analyses of the market by automated equipment, sensors, and applications
- Focus on rapid growth segments within the overall mining equipment industry
- Coverage of the industry structure, including major end users and trends in price and price-performance
- Company profiles of major equipment manufacturers in the market including Accenture, CISCO Systems, Coldeco, Honeywell and Volvo Group
The scope of this report includes the market for mining automation technologies focused on specific technology categories and systems:
- Overburden removal and tunneling.
- Ore extraction, ore transport, crushing and sorting.
- Automated mining controls.
The study also considers:
- Remote control mining technologies.
- Driver-assist systems.
- Teleoperated mining technologies.
- Fully automated mining technologies.
Market breakdowns are provided at these category levels within the report. Tables provide additional information regarding the types of equipment included in each category, as applicable. The study considers surface and underground mining, but it does not consider in situ leach mining or fluid extraction, such as petroleum or natural gas extraction.
Robert Eckard, PhD, has 15 years of experience working in the cleantech, clean transportation, clean/smart cities, advanced fuels, water and energy sectors. Having completed his dissertation at the University of California at Davis, Robert also runs a specialty industry research and technical consulting company, with an emphasis on energy, water and climate-oriented sectors, including those segments relevant to this study. Robert specializes in commercialization, data-based economic analysis, market development and penetration, environmental analysis and technical energy, environmental and market studies for Fortune 500, Global 1000 and promising startups, as well as state and local governments, other consultants and industry organizations throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Australia. He worked as a subcontractor under the U.S. Department of Energy providing evaluations of a wide array of industrial technologies, systems and related supply markets. He helped to successfully develop new markets in the U.S. and abroad, identify target niches and support highly successful business strategy development. Previously, he produced reports for BCC Research on global markets pertaining to energy, industry, energy efficiency, water and industrial, durable goods and related categories and technologies. Robert works directly in the industries that he analyzes and has successfully secured over $225 million in fund development for specific projects and technologies in the last six years.