Mining Automation: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for automated mining equipment should grow from $6.2 billion in 2018 to $19.6 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 53 data tables and 53 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for mining automation and technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- In-depth analysis of major mining automation equipment technologies
- Analyses of the market by automated equipment, sensors, and applications
- Focus on rapid growth segments within the overall mining equipment industry
- Coverage of the industry structure, including major end users and trends in price and price-performance
- Company profiles of major equipment manufacturers in the market including Accenture, CISCO Systems, Coldeco, Honeywell and Volvo Group
The scope of this report includes the market for mining automation technologies focused on specific technology categories and systems:
- Overburden removal and tunneling.
- Ore extraction, ore transport, crushing and sorting.
- Automated mining controls.
The study also considers:
- Remote control mining technologies.
- Driver-assist systems.
- Teleoperated mining technologies.
- Fully automated mining technologies.
Market breakdowns are provided at these category levels within the report. Tables provide additional information regarding the types of equipment included in each category, as applicable. The study considers surface and underground mining, but it does not consider in situ leach mining or fluid extraction, such as petroleum or natural gas extraction.
Robert Eckard, Ph.D., has more than 15 years of experience working in the wastewater, water, energy and environmental industries. He is currently involved in the funding, development and environmental review of anaerobic digestion, wastewater management, solid waste management and other related technologies. He has played an active role in the support of advanced energy conversion technologies, and has completed prior market analyses on anaerobic digestion, including digestion pre-treatment. Dr. Eckard also runs a small industry research and technical consulting company, with an emphasis on water, wastewater and energy sectors. He has provided economic analysis market assessments, environmental analysis, and technical water and energy reports to state and local governments, the U.S. Department of Energy, other consultants, and private companies and individuals throughout the U.S., as well as in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. He has produced well-regarded market research reports for BCC Research on an array of global markets in the wastewater, water and energy segments, including related industries.