Pharmacy Automation: Technologies and Global Markets
The global pharmacy automation market reached nearly $3.0 billion in 2012. This market is expected to grow to nearly $3.2 billion in 2013 and $4.9 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% over the five-year period, 2013 to 2018
- An overview of the global market for pharmacy automation.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- A market breakdown of inpatient pharmacy automation into a cute-care settings and long-term care settings.
- A market breakdown of outpatient pharmacy automation into fast-track clinical settings, hospital retail settings, pharmacy benefit management services, and retail pharmacy chains
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
This BCC Research report is designed to be a helpful business tool that will provide a thorough evaluation of the global pharmacy automation market. The geographical scope is global with special emphasis on the United States/Canada and developed Europe, with supplemental data covering other geographical markets and trends. The report identifies pharmacy automation markets by inpatient and outpatient pharmacy settings, and by product type. Within the global pharmacy automation market, there are two general pharmacy settings, each with other subsettings:
- Inpatient pharmacy automation.
- Acute-care settings.
- Long-term-care settings.
- Outpatient pharmacy automation.
- Outpatient/fast-track clinical settings.
- Hospital retail settings.
- Pharmacy benefit management services and other mail-order settings.
- Retail pharmacy chains.
Each segment is further extrapolated to provide detailed information of current and emerging products, current market estimates and market forecasts, and competitive analyses.
MELISSA ELDER is a healthcare market analyst specializing in treatments, medical equipment and devices. As a research analyst for more than 20 years, she also worked in medical training and advanced medical technologies. She holds a B.S. degree in business management and is pursuing an MBA in health care management from California Coast University.
The global inpatient and outpatient pharmacy automation market was valued at $2.4 billion in 2011 and should reach $2.6 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach nearly $3.9 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8%.
The total worldwide market for pharmacy automation will be worth $2.2 billion by the end of 2010. The market is displaying a recovery from purchasing holds for equipment experienced by many health facilities, and is expected to grow at a 4.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $2.7 billion in 2015.
Inpatient pharmacy automation revenues account for the larger share of the market, with sales expected to reach $1.7 billion by the end of 2010 and increase by a 5.2% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $2.2 billion by 2015.
Outpatient pharmacy automation revenues are estimated at $456 million for 2010. By 2015, the outpatient pharmacy automation market is expected to reach $510 million in revenues after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.3%.
- The global market for pharmacy automation increased from $2.1 billion in 2006 to $2.3 billion in 2007. It should reach $3.6 billion by 2012, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4%.
- By 2012, the inpatient pharmacy automation market is expected to be worth nearly $2.9 billion, a CAGR of 9.8%.
- The outpatient pharmacy automation segment will continue to experience moderate growth through 2012, with a CAGR of 7.8% over the next 5 years.