Process Analytical Technologies for Pharmaceuticals: Global Markets
The global market for process analytical technology (PAT) instrumentation in 2013 was $305.1 million, which is expected to reach about $326.3 million by year-end 2014. The projected PAT instrumentation market is expected to be valued at around $450.6 million by 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7% for the period of 2014 to 2019.
- A comprehensive analysis of the global process analytical technology for pharmaceuticals market with respect to tools, services, and applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 to 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Qualitative analysis, which covers such aspects as drivers, restraints, and opportunities, and provides insight into market forecasts of the PAT submarkets.
- Details pertaining to the regulatory scenarios that are expected to boost or constrain the market’s potential.
- Patent analysis.
- Tracking of recent developments of the key companies and strategies that may lead to a better understanding of the market from a practical perspective.
- Profiles of companies that play a major role in the process analytical technology for pharmaceuticals market.
BCC Research carries out the market evaluation, the global and regional breakdown of sales/revenue data, market projection, current PAT solutions available in the market, the present and prospective applications of PAT solutions, regulatory aspects, patent analysis, advantages and challenges, market leaders and market shares of the PAT instrumentation and techniques market.
Sales data for the global and markets for all geographies are corroborated for the present and forecasted values via statistical analysis and primary sources. Product information and the technologies/platforms in the report are based on their present/prospective application and practicality.
An abstract of the global PAT instrumentation and techniques market is provided in the report. In addition, the report presents sales analyses broken down geographically for North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe, Asia-Pacific and the emerging markets. Applications of PAT tools are summed up from the perspective of commercial and R&D usage.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
The global market for process analytical technology (PAT) instrumentation was valued at nearly $195 million in 2010. This market is expected to increase by a 7.4% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach an estimated $279 million in 2015.