The global market for satellite communications reached nearly $4.6 billion in 2017 and should reach nearly $7.5 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% for the period of 2017-2022
- 66 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for satellite communications technologies, which is in demand for both commercial and social requirements in most countries
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Discussion of how the satellite communications market has evolved, along with information on the emerging technologies, components, and effects of research and development on this market
- Detailed coverage of market dynamics, specifically drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- A breakdown of satellite communications technologies, such as the Automatic Identification System (AIS) and Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), as well as end-use industries, such as automotive, transportation, healthcare, maritime, and energy
- Patent analyses
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Boeing Company, LOCKHEED Martin Corp., Orange S.A., Qualcomm Inc., Viasat Inc., VT Idirect Inc.
This report represents an in-depth analysis of the global satellite communication technology market by technology, communication network, industry, and region. The report discusses the differentiation between satellite communication technologies to derive specific market estimates. The report discusses a comparative study between conventional and emerging applications of satellite communication technology. The report also discusses strategies adopted by major players in the global satellite communication technology market. Patent analysis imparted in the report provides a snapshot of technological trends in the global market over time as well as by geography – for the U.S. and non-U.S. The global satellite communication technology market is segmented by type of technology: satellite telemetry, automatic identification system (AIS), and very small aperture terminal (VSAT).
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.
The global market for telecommunication components, modules, and devices in satellite technologies was estimated to total $18.5 billion in 2012 and is projected to increase to $19.5 billion in 2013; the market should total $21.4 billion by 2018 and have a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for satellite technology which is a complex interplay of defense, regulatory, and market forces as the technology is considered a critical resource in most countries.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Discussion of how commercial applications of satellites have developed almost hand-in-hand with defense, communications, and environmental utilizations.
- Coverage of broadcast and network management equipment and devices, including transponders, antennas, gateways, and terrestrial management infrastructure; and coverage of user premise-based and user-operated equipment and devices, including satellite phones, satellite radios, VSATs, navigation devices, reception antennas, and set-top boxes.
- A breakdown of satellite applications, such as defense, weather, communications, and navigation, as well as end-use applications, such as gaming, media, and entertainment; telecommunications; education and research; defense and government; maritime; logistics; and automotive.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.