Global Markets and Technologies for Thin-Film Sensors
The global market and technology for thin-film sensors should reach $3.0 billion by 2026 from $2.6 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1% for the forecast period of 2021 to 2026.
- 29 data tables and 65 additional tables
- An overview of the global market and technologies for thin-film sensor
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2020 to 2021, estimates for 2022, 2024 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Highlights of the current and future market potential and quantification of thin-film sensor market based on application, type and region
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size and forecast
- Coverage of technology overview, evolution and basic fabrication process of thin films, and snapshot of latest technological developments of the industry
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances and other key market strategies
- Comprehensive company profiles of the leading players of the industry, including AMETEK, Honeywell International Inc., Nova Biomedical, Roche Diagnostics and Vishay Intertechnology Inc.
This report provides an overview of the global market and technology for thin-film sensors and analyzes market trends. Using 2020 as the base year, the report provides estimated market data for the forecast period 2021-2026. Revenue forecasts for this period are segmented based on type, application and region.
This report also focuses on the major driving trends and restraints that affect the market. It explains the current trends in the global market and the technology for thin-film sensors. The report concludes with detailed profiles on the major players in the global market and technology for thin-film sensors.
Although fabricated using thin-film technologies, microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) (including BioMEMS, BioNEMS and integrated circuit [IC]), sensors are not included within the scope of this study. MEMS and NEMS sensors are covered in the BCC Research report, IAS027D MEMS: Biosensors and Nanosensors (published in Dec. 2015). IC sensors are devices with the sensing element integrated on the silicon chip in addition to the transistor and other electrical components. These devices are typically included in the product portfolio of semiconductor manufacturers and are considered part of the general semiconductor industry.
To summarize, this study covers thin-film sensors that do not include micromechanical parts, are not produced on silicon wafers and are manufactured separately from the active component of the circuit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2020|
|Forecast period considered||2021-2026|
|Base year market size||$2.4 billion|
|Market size forecast||$3 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 3.1% from 2021 to 2026|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Type, Application|
|Regions covered||Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA)|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for thin-film sensors decreased from $2.12 billion in 2012 to $1.98 billion in 2013 and is estimated to be valued at $2.38 billion by the end of 2018, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for thin film sensors.
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2011 and 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Discussion of how ongoing miniaturization in the semiconductor industry continues to affect other sectors, including the sensors and instrumentation sector; advances in thin film technologies are leading to the increased use of these fabrication methods for manufacturing miniaturized sensors or special coatings for bulk sensors.
- Identification of the various types of thin film sensors that are currently commercially available.
- Coverage of market growth trends based on industry growth and regional trends.
- A summary of patents related to various types of thin film sensors and their fabrication methods and applications.