2010 Membrane and Separation Technology Research Review
The global market for barrier materials that impart controlled-release properties are valued at nearly $600 million in 2010. BCC projects this market will approach $1 billion by 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% for all products worldwide during the 2010 to 2015 forecast period.
The global market for microfiltration membrane products used in liquid separations is estimated at $1.2 billion in 2010. It will rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% during the next 5 years to reach $1.8 billion in 2015, much more rapidly than predicted world GDP growth in most regions, but not as rapidly as the world market for other membrane types, such as reverse osmosis (RO).
The combined U.S. market for membranes used in liquid and gas separating applications is estimated at approximately $1.7 billion in 2010, and is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% during the 5-year forecast period from 2010 to 2015 to reach $2.3 billion.
- Controlled-Release Technologies: Established and Emerging Markets
- The Global Market for Membrane Microfiltration
- Membrane Technology for Liquid And Gas Separations
- Ultrafiltration Membranes: Technologies and the U.S. Market
- Seawater and Brackish Water Desalination