Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients: Global Markets to 2022
The global active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) market should reach $154.7 billion by 2022 from $114.2 billion in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% for the period 2017-2022.
- 38 data tables and 32 additional tables
- Detailed overview of global market for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) within the pharmaceutical industry
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, U.K., Italy, Spain, China, India, Japan, Brazil, South Africa, and UAE
- Segmentation of the global market by molecular entity, manufacturer type, end use, and geographical region
- Identification of factors such as challenges, trends and emerging opportunities that impact the future market dynamics
- A look at the current regulatory updates, new developments, mergers and acquisitions and partnership activities, and patent expiry shaping the API market landscape
- Examination of vendor landscape and detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global API market, including Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Cambrex Corp., BASF, Dishman Group, Lonza, and Sun Pharma
This report (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients: Global Markets to 2022) covers an overview of the pharmaceutical industry landscape and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), along with the current trends and dynamics shaping the API market landscape. API sourcing trends and regulatory guidelines that impact the procurement of API are studied here. The increasing importance of API outsourced manufacturing activities and the impact on the pharmaceutical industry are covered in the report.
The API market is segmented into categories: molecular entity, manufacturer type, end use and region. The API market is segmented into two molecular entity groups: natural and synthetic API. Synthetic APIs are further segmented into chemical synthesis, biocatalytic and cell culture. Under the category of molecular entity, APIs are segmented into small molecules and large molecules. By sourcing type, the market is segmented into captive market, merchant market and contract manufacturing organization (CMO). In terms of end use, the market is segmented into clinical trial use and commercial use.
In terms of geography, this report analyzes the market by the following regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and the Middle East. The API market is very fragmented. Therefore, attempts have been made to present the market share held by selected companies.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.