Antifungal Drugs: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for antifungal drugs should grow from $14.6 billion in 2019 to reach $17.6 billion by 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.8% for the forecast period of 2019-2024.
- 116 data tables and 27 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for antifungal drugs within the pharmaceuticals industry
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size from 2018 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Comparative study of the two primary segments of antifungal medications – over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription based – and issues facing the use of these products
- Briefing about therapeutics in early development such as new molecular and biological entities from traditional pharmaceutical sources, naturally derived synthetic chemicals, and biological sources
- Review of antifungal agents and their classification based on the mechanism of action, approved therapeutic products and relevant patents with their expiration dates
- Information pertaining to R&D efforts, breakthrough therapy innovations, clinical trials of novel drug developments, their technologies and intended clinical applications
- Market share analysis of leading suppliers of antifungal drugs with related information about specific products, and their key competitive landscape
- Descriptive company profiles of major market players, including Astellas Pharma Inc., Bayer AG, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd., Gilead Sciences Inc., Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Johnson & Johnson), Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., and Merck & Co., Inc.
The aim of this report is to initially conduct a review of the antifungal drugs currently available, explore the issues facing the use of antifungal drugs and review some of the latest developments of new and innovative antifungal drugs, their technologies and their intended clinical applications. The key objective is also to conduct and provide an analysis of the market value, growth rates, market shares and market development, and examine the market dynamics and market factors influencing the growth and development of this market.
This report also looks at the challenges and potential threats facing the industry and the factors influencing the market shares of the major market suppliers as well as smaller manufacturers in local markets. The emphasis of this report is to provide the reader with:
- A detailed analysis of the revenues and forecasts for the global antifungal drug market with a more-detailed analysis and forecast of the revenues for the global market sub-divided by major market sub-segments by geographic region and selected country.
- A detailed analysis of the global market share together with a more detailed analysis of the market share by geographic regions and selected country.
In addition, this analysis provides a:
- Detailed review of the current products, their indications and availability for all the market segments identified.
- Profile of the individual market sub-segments within the major market segments analyzed and the distinguishing features of each of the market sub-segments.
- Review of the major market opportunities through the recognition of specific high-growth and emerging market opportunities.
- Brief description of the historical development for each of the major market segments.
- Profile of the leading suppliers of antifungal drugs together with related information about specific products.
The study will allow the reader to:
- Evaluate the effect of strategic factors such as technology-driven change and industry consolidation for the antifungal drug market.
- Investigate the current market dynamics that are driving change in the antifungal drug market.
- Assess future growth opportunities in the antifungal drug market.
- Review the main products in each sector and plan a product entry strategy in line with the strengths and weaknesses of the competition.
- Realize an individual company’s position in the market and to gain insight into the future of the market and the opportunities that exist.
The analysis includes the use of charts and graphs measuring product growth and trends within the marketplace. Company-specific information, including sales figures, product pipeline status and R&D trends, is provided throughout the report.
PAUL TAYLOR is an independent market researcher and analyst focused on the medical industry working on projects for over 20 years for a variety of prestigious clients including Agilent & Philips Medical Systems, Biomatrix, Inc (Genzyme Corporation), GE Medical Systems (Multiple Projects), Amersham Pharmacia Biotech Limited, Amersham Pharmacia Biotech Limited and Baxter Heathcare. He previously worked for multinational medical device and pharmaceutical companies including Bristol-Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer on developing and implementing strategic business and marketing plans. His predictive analytics knowledge and models of market research data have been used for biopharmaceutical and biotechnology clients. He has a bachelor's degree and Ph.D. degree in biochemistry from the University of Liverpool and an MBA degree for Oxford Brookes University.
The global market for antifungal drugs was valued at $13.1 billion in 2016. The market should reach $16.1 billion by 2021, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% from 2016 to 2021.
- An overview of the global market for antifungal drugs.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Identification of new antifungal research, development, and drug applications.
- Heavy focus on therapeutics in early development such as new molecular and biological entities from traditional pharmaceutical sources, naturally derived synthetic chemicals, and biological sources.
- Information on over the counter (OTC) vs. prescription products.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
The global market for human antifungal therapeutics reached nearly $11.6 billion in 2012 and $11.8 billion in 2013. This market is expected to grow to nearly $13.9 billion in 2018 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.2% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for human antifungal therapeutics
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2018.
- Identification of new antifungal research, development, and drug applications
- Information on over the counter (OTC) vs. prescription products
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the industry.
The global market for antifungal therapeutics was valued at $10.7 billion in 2011 and is projected to reach $12.2 billion in 2016, a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.7%.
The global market for human antifungal therapeutics was valued at $9.8 billion in 2009 and is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of approximately 3.8% to reach $11.3 billion in 2014.
The Latin and South American region will experience the greatest compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3%, reflecting an increase in revenues from $637 million in 2009 to $949 million in 2014.
In North America, human antifungal therapeutics were valued at $3.9 billion in 2009 and are expected to increase at a 0.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $4 billion in 2014.
The total global market for antifungal agents was worth more than $13.5 billion in 2005 and declined to just under $12.2 billion in 2006. The market will continue to dip through 2007 to $11.9 billion but will recover to more than $14.7 billion, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.8%
Antifungal agents for humans held the highest share of the market through the forecast period. In 2007 they will be worth more than $11.2 billion and will reach nearly $14 billion by 2012, a CAGR of 4.5%.
Trends for fungal infections among animals are still a major concern as industry trends indicate. The market for animal antifungals will be worth $107 million in 2007 and will reach $110.7 million by 2012, a CAGR of 3.5%.
The market for antifungal drugs is estimated at $5.9 billion in 2002, including both prescription and OTC products.
Overall, the market is projected to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 7.9% through 2007 to $8.7 billion.
There are about 30 branded prescription systemic and topical antifungal agents on the market and several dozen over-the-counter branded and generic topical antifungal products.
Products from several entirely new categories of compounds will be introduced during the forecast period.
More than a dozen new prescription products are in clinical development and will contribute to the growth in this market.