Global Markets for Asthma and COPD Drugs
The global market for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) prescription drugs was valued at $34.9 billion in 2011. This figure is projected to reach $38 billion in 2012 and $47.1 billion in 2017, increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.4%.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report provides a current market overview and projects future developments in the asthma and COPD drugs market over the period from 2011 through 2017. The report describes existing drug classes approved for these indications, such as bronchodilators, anti-inflammatory drugs, and combination drugs of inhaled corticosteroids and bronchodilators. The pipeline of drugs in clinical trials for these indications is also presented and analyzed.
The report includes the following major sections:
- Disease overview.
- Industry structure and competitive analysis including tiers of competition; regulatory aspects; competitive factors; and market needs, challenges, and trends
- Overall market revenue forecast and current market shares as well as revenue forecast by major drug classes, disease indication, and geographical regions.
- In-depth analyses of current drug classes.
- Reviews and analyses of compounds in clinical trials, with an emphasis on drugs in advanced stages of development.
The report will also analyze product sales and demographics in three regional markets: The Americas (U.S., Canada, Latin/South America); Europe, Middle East, Russia, Africa (EMRA); and Asia (Japan, Australia/New Zealand, other Asian nations, including India and China).
Peggy S. Lehr is the BCC Research analyst of this report. Ms. Lehr holds a BS in Journalism from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and an MS in Communication from the University of Denver. Ms. Lehr has worked within the publishing industry for both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, and she has completed more than 20 reports for BCC.
- Overall sales in the asthma and COPD drugs market were worth $25 billion in 2008, and increased to an estimated $26 billion in 2009. By 2014, it is projected to increase to $31 billion, for a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.3%.
- The largest segment asthma drugs market, was valued at approx $15 billion in 2008; this is expected to increase to $16 billion in 2009, and is projected to reach $17 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 1.2%.
- Sales in the COPD drug market amounted to $10 billion in 2008 remained flat in 2009, but projected to increase to $14 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 6.1%.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.