Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging: Global Markets
The global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and contract research organizations revenue reached $196.5 billion in 2010, and it will further grow to $217.9 billion in 2011. The market is projected to reach $360.6 billion by 2016, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6%.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study encompasses the contract manufacturing, research, and packaging markets. BCC analyzes each market and its applications for contract manufacturing by its need for outsourcing, regulatory environment, technology involved, market projections, and market share. Technological issues include the latest trends and developments.
The study has been carried out by a team of professionals in the biotechnology industry. The project manager for this project is Shalini S. Dewan, who holds a master’s degree in pharmaceutical chemistry and has over 14 years of industry experience. Among the research topics she has covered are studies on compounds of potential pharmaceutical interest from ibuprofen and 2-naphthyl acetic acid. Shalini was awarded a Gold Medal by the Prime Minister of India for her work and has worked with top companies in India and in the U.S. Some of her other reports with BCC are Reagents of Chromatography; Spectroscopy, an Enduring Market; Advanced Drug Delivery Systems; Orthopedic Drugs, Implants, and Devices; Imaging Reagents; Regulatory Industry; Dynamic Sera, Media, and Reagents Used in Biotechnology; Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research, and Packaging; Chiral Technology: Global Markets; Autacoids, and Related Drugs; Contraceptives; Liver Disease Treatments: The Global Market; Hormone Replacement Therapies and Other Hormone Therapies: Global Markets; Cardiovascular Medicine: Diagnostics, Drugs, and Devices; Cancer Therapies: Technologies and Global Market; and Medical Imaging Reagents and Analysis Equipment.
The lead consultant for this project was Ms. Taruna Chhabra, who holds a bachelor’s degree in biology and is a member of the National Honor Society for Biological Sciences.
- Overall sales in the pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and contract research market were worth nearly $143 billion in 2007, which increased to an estimated $177 billion in 2009. By 2014, sales are projected to increase to nearly $299 billion, for a 5-year CAGR of 11.1%.
- The largest segment in the market, contract manufacture of OTC and nutraceuticals, was valued at $82 billion in 2007. This increased to an estimated $103 billion in 2009, and is projected to reach $177 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 11.4%.
- Sales in the contract manufacture of bulk- and dosage-form drugs segment were worth $36 billion in 2007, and were to increase to nearly $44 billion in 2009. By 2014, they are projected to increase to $73 billion, for a 5-year CAGR of 10.8%..
- Worldwide revenue for contract manufacture of prescription drugs (dosage forms) for 2004 was $11.1 billion, which is projected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.4%, reaching $22.5 billion by the end of 2011.
- Contract manufacture of over-the-counter and nutritional products worldwide is projected to reach $108.8 billion by 2011 increasing at a CAGR of 8.1%. Contract research revenues are projected to reach $24.3 billion by 2011, increasing from $17.3 billion in 2006 at a CAGR of 7.0%.
Contract manufacturing in the bulk drug market had worldwide revenue of about $13.5 billion in 2004.
- Worldwide revenue for contract manufacturing and research for the pharmaceutical industry was estimated at $100 billion in 2004 and is expected to rise at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 10.8% to $168 billion in 2009.
- Contract manufacturing of prescription drugs for 2004 was estimated at $26.2 billion, and is expected to rise to $43.9 billion by end of 2009.
- Contract manufacturing of OTC and nutritional products is the largest and fastest growing segment, expected to rise at an AAGR of 11.3% to $102 billion by 2009.
- The contract research market is expected to reach $21.9 billion by 2009, rising at an AAGR of 8.6% from $ 14.5 billion in 2004.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.