Pandemic Outbreaks in the Past Decade: A BCC Research Overview
This report focuses on epidemiology, research and development, current treatment and diagnostics and global response to selected pandemics of the past decade (2009-2020). The report discusses lessons learned from previous outbreaks in terms of policies and measures of prevention and control.
- An overview of the pandemic outbreaks occurred over the last decade (2010-2020)
- Discussion of several serious epidemiological outbreaks, their socioeconomic impact, R&D efforts, treatment and diagnostics, clinical trial landscape, and regulatory and reimbursement landscape
- Data corresponding to number of confirmed cases and reported deaths (globally and country wise) due to various pandemics, including novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), SARS, MERS, HIV/AIDS, H1N1, Ebola virus etc.
- Correlation of coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak to previous epidemiological outbreaks in terms of policies and measures of prevention and control, and the lessons learned thereafter
- Insight into key scientific breakthroughs and pipeline products targeting infectious disease treatments, including the novel coronavirus disease and its antibody-based clinical program (antibody to MERS-CoV infection)
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.