Pharmacogenomics: Global Markets
The global market for pharmacogenomics should grow from $7.7 billion in 2021 to $12.7 billion by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6% for the period of 2021-2026.
- 60 data tables and 19 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for pharmacogenomics
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of market trends, with data from 2019, 2020, estimates for 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Evaluation of current market for pharmacogenomics by product category, product type, application, and region and assessment of market growth trends
- Analysis of the pharmacogenomics market, determination of the fastest-growing technologies; and highlights of the current and future market trends and latest technological developments
- Description of the relevant research and development activities along with trends in recently issued U.S. patents
- Identification of current and emerging applications for pharmacogenomics, and details of main pharmacogenomic products and technologies, and main characteristics of these technologies
- Description of commercially available pharmacogenomic products, their production processes and related issues
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry, including Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Novartis, Oxford Nanopore Technologies (ONT) and Thermo Fisher Scientific (TFS)
This report provides an updated review of pharmacogenomics, including materials, equipment, and strategies, and identifies current and emerging applications for pharmacogenomic products.
BCC Research delineates the current market status for pharmacogenomics, defines trends, and presents growth forecasts for the next five years. The pharmacogenomics market is analyzed based on the following segments: technology, product type, end-user, application, and region. In addition, technological issues, including key events and the latest developments, are discussed.
More specifically, the market analysis conducted by BCC Research for this report is divided into five sections.
In the first section, an introduction to the topic and a historical review of pharmacogenomic technologies are provided, including an outline of recent events. In this section, current and emerging applications for pharmacogenomics are also identified and grouped in segments (cardiovascular disorders, oncology, respiratory and inflammatory diseases, neurological and psychiatric disorders, health management and predictive medicine, and others).
The second section provides a technological review of pharmacogenomics. This section offers a detailed description of pharmacogenomic materials and equipment, testing methods, and typical strategies used in pharmacogenomics. This section concludes with an analysis of the most important technological developments since 2018, including examples of significant patents recently issued or applied for. The chapter ends with a highlight of the most active research organizations operating in this field and their activities.
The third section entails a global market analysis for pharmacogenomics. Global revenues (sales data in millions of dollars) are presented for each segment (technology, product type, end-user, application, and region), with actual data referring to the years 2019 and 2020, and estimates for 2021. Revenues are at the manufacturing level.
The analysis of current revenues for pharmacogenomics is followed by a detailed presentation of market growth trends, based on industry growth, technological trends, and regional trends. The third section concludes by providing projected revenues for pharmacogenomics within each segment, together with forecast CAGRs for the period 2021 through 2026. Projected and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
In the fourth section of the study, which covers the global industry structure, the report offers a list of the leading suppliers of pharmacogenomic products (consumables, instruments, software, and drugs), together with a description of their products. The analysis includes a description of the geographical distribution of these firms and an evaluation of other key industry players. Detailed company profiles of the top players are also provided.
The fifth and final section includes an analysis of recently issued U.S. patents, with a summary of patents related to pharmacogenomic materials, equipment, and applications. Patent analysis is performed by region, country, assignee, patent category, material type, and application.
Margareth Gagliardi, Chief Research Analyst in Advanced Materials for BCC Research, has more than 30 years of experience in the field of advanced materials, specializing in ceramic formulations, materials processing, and new product development. After receiving her degrees in Chemical and Ceramic Engineering, she worked in both manufacturing and R&D holding senior management positions within U.S. and European firms producing electronic, mechanical, chemical, and structural components.
She is currently focusing on market intelligence and advanced technologies analysis for organizations and research institutions that operate within a range of high-tech industries.