Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) for Point-of-Care (POC) Diagnostics
The global market for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for point-of-care (POC) diagnostics should grow from nearly $3.3 billion in 2020 to $5.0 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.1% during the period of 2020-2025.
- 18 data tables and 23 additional tables
- A comprehensive overview of the global market for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for point-of-care (POC) diagnostics, along with future commercial potential for each key market segment
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019 and 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecasts for the global PCR for POC diagnostics market and potential end-users for types of kits and equipment
- Identification of the emerging market opportunities and future market potential of the PCR for POC diagnostics industry, technology trends and issues, market determinants, and regulatory frameworks pertaining to PCR technology
- Competitive landscape specific to COVID-19 impact analysis, with emphasis on FDA’s contribution to COVID-19 diagnostic testing and key developments within the segment
- Patent review and new developments in POC PCR technologies, by companies or research institutes
- Discussion of the vendor landscape and detailed profiles of major vendors in the global PCR for POC diagnostics market. Major players include Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Cepheid, Roche Diagnostics and Qiagen N.V.
The scope of this report is broad and covers the components available in the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for point-of-care (POC) diagnostics market and potential end-users. Revenue forecasts from 2020 to 2025 are given for types of kits and equipment, with estimated value derived from the revenues of manufacturers.
The report also includes a discussion on the major players in each regional market. Further, it explains major drivers and regional dynamics of the global market. The report concludes with a look at the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of major vendors in the global PCR for POC diagnostics market.
This report will cover the variety of markets being served by these newly emerging diagnostic kits, the companies that produce them, and the types of end users who are embracing these kits. This study does not cover the existing kit market for molecular diagnostics, either through manual use or through a variety of automation platforms. These kits, which enable processing of samples for PCR without further operator intervention, by definition do not require much in the way of sample preparation or consumables other than what is used to generate results, so there will not be a discussion of that marketplace. However, the appropriate consumables necessary, as well as the cyclers that are paired with these kits, will be covered as a part of this report.
Vijay Laxmi has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare domain. In addition to providing business research and consulting, she has conducted corporate briefings for top players in a wide range of market segments. She has worked with major market research firms and handled projects for various consultancies. Her market research studies include reports on:
- Various medical device markets.
- High-growth and niche markets in healthcare and life sciences.
- The home healthcare market.
- Medical tourism.
The global market for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in point of care (POC) diagnostics totaled $2.9 billion in 2018 and is estimated to reach $4.8 billion by 2023, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.6% for the period of 2018-2023.
- An overview of the global market for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in point-of-care (POC) diagnostics
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Detailed analysis of point-of-care molecular diagnostics, technological trends, and governmental regulatory policies
- Examination of various segments of the POC-PCR market, including cyclers, systems, applications, and cartridges
- Patent analyses
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Abbott Laboratories, Atlas Genetics, Cepheid Inc., Fluxergy and Roche Diagnostics