Smart Pills: Applications and Global Markets
The global market for smart pills reached $720 million in 2015. This market is expected to increase from $850 million in 2016 to $2.2 billion in 2021 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.1% for 2016-2021.
- An overview of global market for smart pills and technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015 and 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Assessment of smart pills systems and technology markets, including market growth drivers, restraints and shares.
- Information on the regulatory structure, major developments influencing the market and the long-term outlook.
- Analyses of segments within the overall market including capsule endoscopy systems, gastrointestinal monitoring system, diagnosis and monitoring.
- Evaluation of industry activity, including licensing agreements, partnerships, and merger and acquisitions.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
Smart pills include smart ingestible pill-size devices and technologies (e.g., capsule endoscopy, pill-size drug/device combination–based ingestible electronic tablets, microsize capsules for patient monitoring, etc.), which are relatively new and more advanced and give better outcomes in the diagnosis, drug delivery, treatment adherence, health monitoring, and management associated with various diseases. This report is an analytical business tool whose primary purpose is to describe the thorough evaluation of the global market for smart pills. The format of the study is organized around the following:
- Detailed description of smart pills and technologies.
- Demographics and cost burden of targeted diseases.
- Regulatory structure.
- Market characterization, unmet need, market size, and segmentation.
- Market drivers and restraints.
- Detailed market projections through 2021.
- Competition and market shares.
- Pricing and reimbursement.
- Description of marketed and pipeline (R&D) products along with information about their regulatory status and clinical trials.
- Observations and conclusions regarding the future of ingestible smart pills.
- Profiles of market participants and associations.
Dr. Ritu Thakur is an independent consultant based in New Delhi, India with 10+ years of experience in consulting, business/market research, business & report writing, analytics, content development & management and translation. She has prior work experience with Panasonic (Healthcare Division), GlobalData (U.K.-based market research firm) and several other development stage/early stage companies including Biovo, Diabesity, Medibrane, ScaleThings, EndoGI, Ramot Biomedical Eng and NeverWet. In her previous assignments, she has delivered hundreds of small to large scale custom projects on pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnology subjects. She has developed reports for BCC Research for more than four years and has worked as an author for healthcare and other related industries such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical devices.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.