Optical Coatings: Technologies and Global Markets
In 2012, the total global value for optical coatings was calculated to be more than $8.3 billion, and $9.1 billion in 2013. The total market is projected to be almost $13.9 billion by 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% over the five-year period from 2013 to 2018.
- An overview of the global market for optical coatings.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012, estimates for 2013, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Reasons why optical technology in many application markets represents the next level of technological advancement.
- Insight into which potential new high margins coatings applications will emerge in the next five years.
- Comprehensive profiles of leading companies in the field.
SCOPE OF THE REPORT
This BCC Research report covers, with a critical eye, the global optical coatings marketplace. It focuses particularly on the markets and opportunities for optical coatings in the consumer electronics, solar, telecommunications, transportation, defense and medical markets.
This study is presented in easy-to-follow sections that overview this subject; define the technology; segment the market by product type, application and region; profile companies; and identify suppliers. All dollar amounts are expressed in current 2013 U.S. dollars.
This is a complete source for serious players in the optical coatings marketplace.
The author received a Ph.D. in material science and engineering from the University of Arizona in 1993, based on a dissertation on the fabrication and characteristics of sol gel optical waveguides. She then worked for two years at Sandia National Labs on the development of thin film zeolite filters for gas separation applications. She has covered the transportation market as both a contributing editor and editor of Advanced Transportation Technology News and has authored numerous reports on advanced materials for BCC Research.