Optical Sensing: Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for optical sensors was valued at $291.6 million in 2014. This market is projected to grow from $315.9 million in 2015 to $971.8 million in 2020, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.2% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for optical sensing and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data for 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Analyses of product trends, the competitive landscape and leading players along with their key developments, strategies, and profiles.
- Breakdowns of the market by type, application, industry end-use segments, and by region.
- Relevant patent analysis.
- A look at the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Evaluation of the value chain as well as supply chain.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The optical sensor market is segmented into categories as follows:
- By type: extrinsic sensors and intrinsic sensors. Extrinsic optical sensors are further sub-segmented into temperature sensors, flow measurement sensors, pressure sensors, and others. Intrinsic sensors are further sub-segmented into rotation sensors, acceleration sensors, strain sensors, and others.
- By application: military and law enforcement, night vision cameras, biometrics, partial discharge detection, biological sensing, chemical sensing, and others.
- By industry end user: aerospace and defense, utilities, construction, chemical, oil and gas, and others.
- By region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada, and Mexico; Europe is segmented into France, Italy, Germany, U.K., Russia, and rest of Commonwealth Independent States (CIS); Asia-Pacific (APAC) is segmented into China, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and others; and Rest of the World (ROW) covers Middle East, Africa, and South America.
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the optical sensor market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in the optical sensor market.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.
- Inorganic polymers: Technologies, Applications and Opportunities (CHM120A)
- Global Market for Mixed-signal System-on-Chip Applications with a Focus on Node Geometries (SMC119A)
- Voxel-Pixel Integration: Lidar, Autonomous Vehicle, 3D Printing and Surveillance Applications (IFT109A)
- Quantum Sensors: Quantum Entanglement for Communications and Beyond (IAS091A)
- Global 5G Chipset Market (SMC117A)
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.