Automotive Plastics: Global Markets
The global market volumes of automotive plastics should grow from 36.3 million tons in 2021 to 49.1 million tons by 2026 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% for the period of 2021-2026.
- 115 data tables and 41 additional tables
- An up-to-date review and analysis of the global markets for automotive plastics
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020 and 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Evaluation and forecast the market size for automotive plastics in value and volumetric terms, forecasted growth trends, and corresponding market share analysis by polymer type, application, vehicle type, and geographic region
- Highlights of the market potential for high performance plastics and areas of focus to forecast this market into various segments and sub-segments
- Country specific data and market value analysis for the U.S., Canada, Germany, U.K., France, Japan, China and India
- In-depth information (facts and figures) concerning market drivers, opportunities, challenges and other demographic and economic factors that will drive future demand for the growth of automotive plastics market
- Identification of the companies which are best positioned to meet this demand owing to their proprietary technologies and product innovations
- Review of the current market status, key technology issues, value chain analysis, competitive scenario, R&D activities, and COVID-19 implications on the supply and demand of automotive plastics
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including BASF SE, Lyondellbasell Industries Holdings B.V., Sabic, Asahi Kasei Corp., Toray Industries Inc., and Covestro AG
The scope of this report includes all the automotive plastics by polymer type actively being consumed in various applications. A separate section, Market Dynamics, includes detailed descriptions of the drivers and restraints in automotive plastics.
The report includes a separate section highlighting the impact of COVID-19 on automotive plastics on the global level. The section will include COVID-19’s impact on the supply and demand for automotive plastics, price impacts and various strategic decisions taken by governments to boost the market.
The market size and estimations are provided in terms of volume (thousand tons) and value (U.S. dollars as noted) using 2020 as base year. The market forecast will be given from 2021 to 2026. Regional market sizes are also covered. The impact of COVID-19 was also considered when deriving the market estimations. Revenues from annual reports are taken from companies reporting their revenue in U.S. dollars. The average annual currency conversion rate is used for the particular year to convert the revenue into U.S. dollars for companies reporting revenue in other currencies.
In terms of polymer type, the automotive plastics are segmented into:
- Polypropylene PP.
- Polyvinyl chloride PVC.
- Polyurethane PU.
- Acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene ABS.
- High-density polyethylene HDPE.
- Polycarbonate PC.
- Polyamide PA.
In terms of application, the automotive plastics market is segmented into:
- Interior furnishings.
- Exterior furnishings.
- Electrical components.
- Under the hood components.
In terms of vehicle type, the automotive plastics market is segmented into:
- Passenger cars.
- Lightweight vehicles.
- Heavyweight vehicles.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
Asia-Pacific market of automotive plastics should grow from $22.7 billion in 2019 to $29.2 billion by 2024 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% for the period of 2019-2024.
- 71 data tables and 25 additional tables
- An overview of Asia-Pacific markets for plastic products
- Analyses of market trends, with data from 2018, 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Evaluation of market size and forecast for automotive plastics, by type and applications in terms of value and volume
- A look at the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide a competitive landscape of the market leaders
- Examination of factors driving the growth of automotive plastics market in Asia-Pacific
- Detailed profiles of major players in the market, including Arkema SA, BASF SE, Celanese Corp., DowDuPont Inc., Teijin Ltd. and Magna International Inc.