Fluoropolymer Materials: Technologies and Global Markets
Global consumption of fluoropolymers amounted to 702.7 million lbs. in 2014 and is projected to total 740.4 million lbs. in 2015. The market is expected to grow during the period 2015 to 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% to reach 969.1 million lbs. In 2020.
- An overview of the global market and technologies for fluoropolymer materials.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Coverage of the fluoropolymer product family including:
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP)
- Polyvinylidenefluoride (PVDF)
- Polyvinyl fluoride (PVF)
- Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE)
- Perfluoroalkoxy (PFA)
- Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene (ECTFE)
- Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE)
- Fluoroelastomers (FKM)
- Other fluoropolymers
- The market's drivers and trends, specifically econmic, social, demographic, environmental, and technological influences.
- Information on fluoropolymer companies, including their product, market and geographic focus, market share and recent corporate developments.
- Analysis of end use sectors including transportation, electrical & electronics (electronic parts & components), industrial plant and machinery, building & construction, and other markets.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This new BCC Research report on fluoropolymers will include market data, in U.S. dollar and consumption (million lbs.) terms, for the years 2014 and 2015, and market forecasts to 2020. Market data is presented by material, end-use sector and geographic region. The report also analyzes fluoropolymer technology developments, industry structure and market drivers and trends. Company profiles of the leading fluoropolymer resin companies and processors describe their product, market and geographic focus; market share; and recent corporate developments.
Principle fluoropolymer materials include:
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE).
- Fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP).
- Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF).
- Polyvinyl fluoride (PVF).
- Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE).
- Perfluoroalkoxy (PFA).
- Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene (ECTFE).
- Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE).
- Other fluoropolymers.
- Fluoroelastomers (FKM).
End-use markets covered in the report are:
- Electrical and electronics (electronic parts and components).
- Industrial plants and machinery.
- Building and construction.
- Other markets (consumer products, including medical devices, cookware and bakeware, fabric protection, eyeglass lenses and packaging).
The geographic regions covered in the report are:
- Western Europe.
- Eastern Europe.
- North America.
- South and Central America.
- Middle East and Africa.
David Platt is a freelance business consultant with a broad range of industry experience, particularly in the plastics and packaging sectors. He has authored more than 30 market research reports in the field of plastics and packaging. Markets covered include global packaging, rigid plastic packaging, PET packaging, flexible packaging, bioplastics, specialty films, high performance plastics, pouches, caps and closures, stretch and shrink films and transparent barrier films. He also writes regular features for plastics trade magazines. He is MBA-qualified and has a degree in economics.