Injection Molding: Global Markets and Technologies
The global plastic injection molding market reached $187.7 billion in 2022 and should reach $240.9 billion by 2027, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
- 38 data tables and 40 additional tables
- An overview of the global market and technologies for injection molding
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2021, 2022, estimates for 2026, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Estimation of the market size and highlights of the market potential by type, end use, and application
- Assessment of the current market size and forecast of market development in the coming five years, and insight into the value chain analysis, and factors driving and restraining the growth
- Coverage of history, definition, techniques, and processes of plastics injection molding and comparison between injection molding versus other plastics molding processes
- Information on recent mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, agreements, and partnerships, in the global injection molding market
- Company profiles of major players within the industry, including Dow, ExxonMobil Corp., Ineos Group, Magna International Inc., and Sabic
This study entails analysis of technologies, applications and thermoplastic materials for injection molding. BCC Research analyzed the major types of thermoplastic resins used to produce molded products. These products cater to various end-use industries. Machines and equipment are discussed. Trends in demand are reviewed and impact on overall market growth is assessed.
Market drivers in each end-use industry are identified. Thermoplastic resin injection molding is analyzed in detail. Technological issues and trends are reviewed and other influential factors (economic conditions, COVID-19 impact, and standards) are discussed. Because this is a global study, BCC Research analyzes domestic and international technological issues and economic considerations.
The scope of the study includes:
- The study comprises only thermoplastic resins for injection molding applications.
- We have included only virgin thermoplastics and excluded recycled grades.
- The base year is 2021 and forecast period is 2022 to 2027.
- Revenue forecasts from 2021-2027 are given for each major type of thermoplastic grade, end user, and regional market.
- In the newly added country analysis section, we have only provided an end-user analysis.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Rising demand from emerging economies
- Proliferating demand from global plastic packaging sector
- Growing trend of metal substitution with plastics
- Augmented Demand for Reinforced Plastics
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$180 billion|
|Market size forecast||$240.9 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 5.1% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Billions|
|Segments covered||Type of Thermoplastic Polymer, End Use, Region|
|Regions covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Countries covered||United States, Canada, Germany, Italy, Rest of Europe, China, India, Rest of Asia-Pacific|
|Key Market Drivers||
The global market for plastic injection molding should increase from $125.95 billion in 2021 to $169.81 billion by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
- 30 data tables and 36 additional tables
- An updated review of the global market for plastic injection molding within the industry
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019-2020, estimates for 2021 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market growth; and evaluation of current market size and forecast and technological advancements and strategic innovations within the market place
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for injection molding by end use, type, and geographic region
- Details about plastic molding techniques and discussion on injection molding versus other plastics molding processes
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major manufacturers and suppliers, including BASF SE, DSM, Dow Chemical Co., DuPont, ExxonMobil, Bay Plastics Machinery Corp., LyondellBasell Industries NV, SABIC, Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery GmbH, UBE Machinery Inc., and Toray Industries, Inc.
The global market for plastics injection molding reached $139 billion in 2018 and should reach $233 billion by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
- 26 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for plastic injection molding technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Identification of trends that will affect growth in the plastic injection molding market
- Examination of governments' roles in support of plastic injection molding technologies worldwide, including regulatory support and government requirements
- Information on industry regulations and standards, the competitive landscape, and industry structure
- Company profiles of major players in the market, including Absolute Haitian Corp., Basf Se, Dow Chemicals Co. Ltd., Dupont, Exxonmobil Corp., and Stack Plastics Inc.