Transparent Rigid Plastics: Technologies and Opportunities
The global market for transparent rigid plastics should grow from $64.7 billion in 2020 to $86.4 billion by 2025 at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.0% for the period of 2020-2025.
- 89 data tables and 11 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for transparent rigid plastics
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Country specific data and analysis for US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, China, India, Japan and South Korea
- Coverage of history, characteristics, types and technologies, applications and recent advancements of the industry
- Description of rigid, clear, non-packaging plastic products, including injection-molded, non-film extrusion and thermoformed plastics
- A look at the key challenges and opportunities of the industry and snapshot of ongoing activities in the transparent rigid plastics in the global and regional markets
- Evaluation of current market size, market forecast, and market share analysis of the leading suppliers of the industry
- Company profiles of the major manufactures in the market, including 3M Co., BASF, DuPont, Hitachi Chemical Co., and LG Chem
This study reviews the following technology categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions and issues, and key applications and market factors in major worldwide markets. This report organizes technologies into the following segments: detailed market data are presented for each of the following technology categories (all are limited to transparent rigid polymers):
- Styrene block copolymers (SBCs).
- Styrene acrylonitrile (SAN).
- Styrene methyl methacrylate (SMMA).
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
- Other transparent rigid plastics.
The following transparent rigid plastic applications (i.e., use in specific plastics) are also considered within the study, with market breakdowns for each by region with select countries:
- Building and Construction.
- Optical lenses.
- Other applications.
Robert Eckard, PhD, has 15 years of experience working in the cleantech, clean transportation, clean/smart cities, advanced fuels, water and energy sectors. Having completed his dissertation at the University of California at Davis, Robert also runs a specialty industry research and technical consulting company, with an emphasis on energy, water and climate-oriented sectors, including those segments relevant to this study. Robert specializes in commercialization, data-based economic analysis, market development and penetration, environmental analysis and technical energy, environmental and market studies for Fortune 500, Global 1000 and promising startups, as well as state and local governments, other consultants and industry organizations throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia and Australia. He worked as a subcontractor under the U.S. Department of Energy providing evaluations of a wide array of industrial technologies, systems and related supply markets. He helped to successfully develop new markets in the U.S. and abroad, identify target niches and support highly successful business strategy development. Previously, he produced reports for BCC Research on global markets pertaining to energy, industry, energy efficiency, water and industrial, durable goods and related categories and technologies. Robert works directly in the industries that he analyzes and has successfully secured over $225 million in fund development for specific projects and technologies in the last six years.