Data Center Security: Global Markets
The global market for data center security products reached $5.6 billion in 2014. The market is expected to increase from nearly $6.4 billion in 2015 to $12.1 billion in 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.8% for 2015-2020.
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for data center security.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- A look at key trends in the market including industry trends, growth in mega data centers, increased spending in security solutions, global IT spending trends, and virtualized data center trends.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers which include increasing data traffic and network connections, rising virtualization in data centers, new sophisticated threats and cyber attacks, government regulations and compliance requirements, as well as others.
- Information on existing data center security providers and new and emerging data center security providers as well as discussion about the mergers and acquisitions in this space and how this is changing the data center security landscape.
BCC Research defines data center security as a computer or cyber security applied to data centers, where the data centers can be in physical form or can be virtualized (software-defined data centers). The security applied can be either as software form, hardware form, or can be a mix of software and hardware. Further, for the purpose of this report, security is defined as all forms of processes and mechanisms by which data center equipment, information and services are protected from intended or unintended (and unauthorized) access and change or destruction.
For calculating the market size, the report has considered the following forms of security:
- Intrusion detection system and intrusion prevention system.
- Distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection systems.
- Unified threat management solutions.
- Identity and access management solutions.
- Security information and event management solutions.
Further, for calculating the market and various other figures such as market segmentation, we have considered data center software security, data center hardware security as well as data center security services. However, services that are not directly related to implementation or maintenance such as education and training, and consulting services are out of the scope of this report. Further, hardware security that are not part of cyber security, such as closed circuit television (CCTV) and biometric access control are out of scope of this report.
The analysis starts with introducing the reader to how the data center security industry has evolved over time and how cloud and virtualization has affected the market. Building on that understanding, the study proceeds to identify the following forces driving the market:
- Primary forces are the forces having a direct impact on the data center security space. Secondary forces are the forces that, albeit important, have an indirect impact.
- Key funding and financing in this space, which shows strong support (especially the new entrants).
- Some key challenges that may hinder the growth of this market.
- Key trends visible in the market.
- The top seven industries that are key users of data center security solutions, along with some other industries that are expected to be strong users in the future.
- Demand in the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific for data center security solutions.
Ritam Biswas has more than 10 years of experience in the market research and financial research space and has written and consulted on several research and advisory projects in various technology verticals. He has worked as a team leader and lead analyst in several technology businesses and has written numerous reports in areas such as disruptive technology, innovative and new technologies, advanced end-user computing, cloud security, virtualization security, mobile security and deep packet inspection.
- Green Diesel: Further Developments in the Alternative Fuel Space (EGY169A)
- Global Fluorescence Microscopy Market (IAS134A)
- Deep Sea Mining Technologies, Equipment and Mineral Targets (AVM165A)
- LED Phosphors: Materials, Technologies, and Global Markets (AVM126A)
- Dosimetry: Technologies and Global Markets (IAS121A)