2014 Information Technology Research Review
- The value of the worldwide market for conformal coating materials, equipment and spares reached $8.1 billion in 2013 and should grow from $9 billion in 2014 to $12.2 billion in 2019, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% between 2014 and 2019.
- The worldwide market for embedded technology was valued at $142.8 billion in 2013. The market is expected to grow at a projected CAGR of 5.4% over the next five years to total $152.4 billion in 2014 and $198.5 billion by 2019.
- The global digital home entertainment systems market reached nearly $147.4 billion in 2012 and $150.9 billion in 2013. This market should reach $176.3 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 3.2% over the five-year period, 2013 to 2018.
Research Reviews from BCC Research provide market professionals with concise market coverage within a specific research category. These Research Reviews include portions of several market research reports that were published in 2014 and are an efficient way for market professionals to keep up with the general market developments of 2014.
Please note that page references in the text are to pages in the original, complete report, and do not reflect the actual page numbers in this Research Review.
This 2014 Information Technology Research Review includes excerpts from the following reports:
- IFT009F Global Markets for Conformal Coatings in Electronics.
- IFT016E Embedded Systems: Technologies and Markets.
- IFT069B Digital Entertainment in the Home: Technologies and Global Markets.
- IFT073C Antennas for Systems and Devices: Technologies and Global Markets.
- IFT107A Wearable Computing: Technologies, Applications and Global Markets.
- IFT108A Optimizing Networks: Global Markets for Small Cells and Carrier Wi-Fi.
We encourage you to obtain and benefit from the full market research reports that are excerpted in this Research Review.
BCC Research looks forward to serving your market intelligence needs in the future.
Kevin R. Fitzgerald
- The global voice recognition market was valued at nearly $47 billion in 2011 and should reach $53.4 billion in 2012. Total market value should total $113.2 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate of 16.2%.
- The global market for biometric technologies is estimated to be $8.7 billion in 2013. In 2014, the forecasted revenues will likely reach almost $11.2 billion and $27.5 billion by 2019, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.8%.
- The global market for mobile applications totaled about $6.5 billion in 2012. The market is estimated to be worth approximately $8.6 billion in 2013. At a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.7%, the market is expected to grow to nearly $16.3 billion by 2018.
This 2012 Information Technology Research Review provides:
- Coverage of various types of passive and interconnecting electronic components and the technologies involved.
- Analysis of the printed electronics market with the greatest commercial potential for the near-term to midterm (2012 to 2016).
- Understanding of the primary products in the market; the products to print digital photographs; and complementary products closely tied to digital photography.
- Understanding of the embedded devices architecture and the roles played by different hardware components.
- Role of conformal coatings in providing protection to electronic products.
- The total installed combined base for self-service technologies including ATMs, self-service kiosks and vending machines for 2010 is estimated at 28.2 million units and is expected to reach 33.8 million units by 2015, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% from 2010 through 2015.
- BCC Research forecasts a very promising future for the global market for non-cellular waveform chipsets in mobile phones. This market was worth nearly $4.3 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 17.8% CAGR to reach $9.7 billion in 2015.
- The global market for electronic gaming reached $66 billion in 2010. It is expected to reach at $69.9 billion by the end of 2011 and it will further grow to $111.7 billion by 2016 at an estimated CAGR of 9.8% from 2011 to 2016.
Voice recognition technologies are becoming integral parts of products and services that span a much broader array of industries. This global market will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.8% between 2010 and 2015. The total market is valued at an estimated $38.4 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $58.4 in 2015.
The total global market for retail technologies at the storefront, including point-of-sale terminals, electronic fund transfer point-of-sale terminals, self-checkout terminals, and mobile self-scanners, is estimated at nearly $7 billion in 2010 and is expected to reach $9.5 billion in 2015, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3%.
The market for AFIS and fingerprint biometric technologies account for the greatest share of the global biometrics market and is forecast to continue to be the main source of overall market revenues from 2010 to 2015 and beyond. This sector is valued at $2.7 billion in 2010 and is expected to increase at a 19.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach nearly $6.6 billion in 2015.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.