Global Memory Chip Market
The global memory chip market should grow from $173.1 billion in 2019 to $367.7 billion by 2024 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.3% during the forecast period of 2019-2024.
- 90 tables
- A detailed overview of the global memory chip market within the semiconductor manufacturing industry
- Analyses of the regional and country-specific market trends, with market size in dollar value terms from 2018 to 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Discussion of market potential for memory chips, their sustainable applications across various industry verticals
- Market analysis and revenue forecasts on the basis of type of memory chip, end use application, interface type, and geographical region covering North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and emerging economies from rest of the world (RoW)
- Key insight into the innovation-driven market opportunities, drivers and limitations and their overall impact on growth trajectory; and future outlook of the memory chip industry
- Emphasis on leading chipmakers offering NAND flash memory, considered the fastest-growing NV semiconductor product and primary usage in solid state computing, their global share within this business segment
- Review of relevant patent data and new developments covering significant allotments of the U.S. patents on memory chips
- Information pertaining to competitive landscape of leading market participants, their business strategies, product offerings, financial details and market share analysis
- Comprehensive profiles of major commercial players, including Broadcom Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co., Intel, Nvidia Corp., NEC Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Transcend Information Inc.
The market for memory chips is segmented into the following categories:
- By type: Volatile and non-volatile. Within volatile part it includes DRAM and SRAM, and within non-volatile part it includes FeRAM, MRAM, PCM, EEPROM and NAND flash, among others.
- By Interface: PCIe and I2C, SATA, SAS, DDR and others. (USB and OTG.)
- By application: Consumer electronics, industrial, telecommunications, automotive, home automation and others.
- By region: North America is segmented by the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Europe is segmented by the U.K., Germany and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented by China, India and Rest of Asia-Pacific. Rest of the World (RoW) is segmented into Latin America, Middle East and Rest of RoW.
In addition to an industry and competitive analysis of the market for memory chips, this report also exhaustively covers patents and company profiles of key players active in the global market.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.