Semiconductor Metallization and Interconnects: Technologies and Global Markets
The global semiconductor metallization and interconnects market totaled $912.8 million and $1.0 billion in 2014 and 2015 respectively. The market should total nearly $1.8 billion by 2020, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4% from 2015 to 2020.
- An overview of the global markets for semiconductor metallization, a process which produces a thin-film metal layer that will serve as the required conductor pattern for the interconnection of the various components on the chip.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Breakdowns of the market by technology, by process, by interconnect material, by component, by application and by geography.
- A relevant patent analysis.
- Coverage of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Analyses of value chains, and market and product trends.
- A look at leading players in the field and their key developments, strategies, and profiles.
In this report, the semiconductor metallization market is segmented into categories as follows:
- By technology: metal deposition, photolithography, silylation, metal etch, alloying and annealing, passivation, and backlapping and backside metallization.
- By process: Filament evaporation, electron-beam evaporation, flash evaporation, induction evaporation, sputtering and others.
- By interconnect materials: Poly SI, silicides, refractory materials, TiN, TiW, aluminum and copper.
- By components: Gas distribution plates, chamber liners, domes, plating insulators, cover rings and others.
- By application: Consumer electronics, automotive, defense and aerospace, medical, industrial and others.
- By region: North America (United States, Canada and Mexico); Europe (United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and rest of Europe); Asia-Pacific (India, China, Japan, South Korea and rest of Asia-Pacific) and Rest of World (RoW)(the Middle East, Africa and Latin America, which includes Central and South America).
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the semiconductor metallization market, this report also includes a patent analysis and a listing of company profiles for key players in market. All estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues, in U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
Research Analyst Sinha G. Gaurav holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics and semiconductor markets. He has nine years of experience in the field of market research in electronics, finance and database designing. His areas of interest include semiconductors, automation, industrial controls, robotics and nanotechnology. His publications focus on subjects such as quantum dots, photonic sensors and detectors, LIDAR, ultrafast lasers, home automation, helmet-mounted displays (HMDs), factory automation and radio frequency (RF) components, among others.
- Cloud Services Brokerage Market (IFT182A)
- Semiconductor Chip Testing Tools Market (SMC122A)
- Etch Process: Materials, Chemicals and Advances (SMC118A)
- Inorganic Polymers: Technologies, Applications and Opportunities (CHM120A)
- Global Market for Mixed-signal System-on-Chip Applications with a Focus on Node Geometries (SMC119A)