APAC Microgrid Market - Analysis & Forecast (2017-2026) Focus on Technology Type: Energy Generation (Solar PV, Wind Turbine, Diesel Gensets) & Energy Storage (Lithium Ion Batteries, Lead Acid Batteries), Application: Residential & Commercial
Asia Pacific is experiencing high rate of rural electrification in several economies such as India, Malaysia, and Philippines, among others. Several factors such as demographics of the countries, high number of islands in Indonesia and Philippines, and lack of proper infrastructure in the emerging economies contribute to the high rates of unelectrified areas in Asia Pacific. Electricity is an important contributor to the GDP of any country, and with the emerging economies growing rapidly, they need to invest in solutions which can help them achieve 100% electrification rates. Owing to this, most of the Asian countries have laid down regulations to achieve 100% electrification rates in their respective countries Moreover, in developed economies such as China, Japan, and Singapore, the focus is on ensuring energy security.
To ensure energy security, countries have developed national smart grid plans, and have promoted the use of renewable energy generation sources in their energy mix. This has compelled the several countries to look for viable options which can ensure energy security, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and provide electricity. This has led to increased investments by utility providers, manufacturers providing solutions to the utility industry, and several other companies promoting the employment of microgrids across APAC.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The report titled “APAC Microgrid Market” provides an in-depth analysis of the key development strategies and market trend dynamics which includes drivers, challenges, and opportunities prevailing in the industry. Moreover, value chain analysis, consortiums, and patents have also been included in the report. The key development strategies adopted by microgrid solution providers have also been included in the report. The key regulations with respect to the utility industry, rural electrification policies, and renewable energy policies have also been considered in the report because of the compliance requirements which are expected to promote the use of microgrids in APAC.
The adoption and implementation of microgrids in the APAC region is at a nascent stage. The companies have been investing extensively in the microgrids development and demonstration projects. However, it has been witnessed that the demonstration projects do not have a business model. Therefore, the market estimation has been built on detailed assumptions and limitations. The market has been estimated on the basis of different types of energy generation and energy storage solutions used in microgrids, their use across different applications, and geographical analysis.
The report profiles 13 organizations across Asia Pacific on the basis of manufacturers, and solution providers working across the microgrid industry, and providing their products in APAC.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What was the size, in terms of revenue, of the APAC microgrid market in 2016, and growth rate during the forecast period, 2016-2026?
- What are different types of energy generation and energy storage technologies used in APAC microgrid market, and their sub segments?
- What was the market value of energy generation and storage technologies for different applications of microgrids in 2016, on the basis of rural and commercial/industrial?
- What is the market size of microgrid solutions on the basis of different major countries in the region?
- What are the key trend and opportunities in the APAC microgrid market?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand of microgrid solutions during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the APAC microgrid market?
- Who are the major investors investing in the development of microgrids across the different countries of APAC and what is the investment amount?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- Which country has growth prospects where investors can invest, and make significant profitable margins?
- Which regions in the countries such as India, and Indonesia, among others, are most suited for the development of microgrid projects?
- Which country has formulated regulations and a comparison chart of their regulations based on different parameters?
- Who are the key market players in the market, along with company profiles, their business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, SWOT analysis, and future programs (if any)?
The report puts special emphasis on the market share of the leading companies in the APAC microgrid market, owing to the changing paradigms in the industry. The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the Porter’s five major forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The report also focuses on the key developments and investments made in the APAC microgrid market by the major players. Further, the report includes an extensive analysis of the Microgrids market in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) countries including China, India, Japan, Indonesia, Philippines, and others. A detailed analysis of each country has been provide detailing the individual push and pull forces, in addition to the key players from that region.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.