Ethylene Absorber Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Product, Chemical, End-Use and Application, Regional, and Country-Level-Analysis, 2020-2031
Global Ethylene Absorber Market is Expected to Reach $56.59 Billion by 2031
Market Report Coverage - Ethylene Absorber
- End Use: Fruits and Vegetables, Flowers, Crops and Seeds
- Application: Controlled Environmental Systems, Ripening Rooms, Shipping/Transportation, and Residential
- Product: Anti-Ethylene Bag, Ethylene Filter, Ethylene Sachet, Ethylene Absorbent Sheet, Ethylene Absorbent Pad, Ethylene Environmental Control Systems, and Others
- Chemical: Potassium Permanganate, Sodium Permanganate, Alumina, Clay, Titanium Oxide, 1-MCP, Zeolite, and Others
- North America: U.S.
- Europe: France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Spain
- Middle East and Africa: Israel
- Asia-Pacific and Japan: South Korea, Japan, India, Thailand, and Australia and New Zealand
- South America: Brazil and Chile
Market Growth Drivers
- Increasing Growth in Packaging Industry
- Increasing Use of Ethylene Absorber Products in Residential Applications
- Maintain Food Quality and Nutrition during Transportation
- Presence of Alternatives
- Active Packaging Solutions
- Increasing Post-Harvest Storage Capacity
- Growing Demand from Flower Industry
Key Companies Profiled
GreenKeeper Iberia, Symphony Environmental Ltd, BioXTEND Inc., Bee Chems, Sercalia, SL, Lipmen CO., Ltd., SECCO INTERNATIONAL GROUP, DeltaTrak, Ethylene Control Inc., Bioconservacion, S.A., Dongguan Dingxing Industry Co., Ltd, Sancopack, Keep-It-Fresh, Praxas, Isolcell S.p.A., Hazel Technologies, Inc, AgroFresh Inc.
How This Report Can Add Value
Product/Innovation Strategy: The product segment helps the reader in understanding the different types of ethylene absorber products and chemicals and their market potentials globally. Moreover, the study provides the reader a detailed understanding of current market landscape, innovations brought in the market, and competitive landscape. Additionally, comprehensive coverage on end users and applications has also been added to the study.
Growth/Marketing Strategy: Players operating in the global ethylene absorber market are developing innovative products to enhance the capabilities of their product offerings. Growth/marketing strategies will help the readers in understanding the revenue-generating strategies adopted by the players operating in the global ethylene absorber market. For instance, Hazel Technologies raised a total of $13 billion in funding for its ethylene absorber sachets. Moreover, other strategies adopted by the market players will help the reader in making strategic decisions, such as go-to-market strategies.
Key questions answered in the Report
- Why are ethylene absorbers a requirement in the market? How has the ethylene absorbers market evolved over the years?
- Which type of ethylene absorbers is anticipated to dominate the market in the next 10 years (2021-2031)?
- What are the driving and restraining factors affecting the global ethylene absorbers market?
- How are the future trends expected to impact the ethylene absorbers market in the coming years?
- What are the opportunities for players in the global ethylene absorbers market?
- How is the demand for the ethylene absorbers market expected to change with the stringent regulatory landscape?
- What are the applications and corresponding end-use industries driving the demand for ethylene absorbers?
- Which region and which country are the major consumers of the ethylene absorbers market?
- Which country/region is going to emerge as a potential revenue-generating pocket for the ethylene absorbers market during the forecast period 2021-2031?
- What are the strategies adopted by major players in the ethylene absorbers market?
- Which end-user industry is expected to dominate the ethylene absorbers market by 2031?
- How are the prices of products going to behave in the next ten years, and what is their impact on the ethylene absorbers market?
- How has COVID-19 impacted the ethylene absorbers business across the supply chain globally?
- Which key organizations across various countries are involved in research and development for ethylene absorbers products?
- How is the demand-supply curve for ethylene absorbers going to shift over the years (2021-2031)?
- What are customer attributes across various countries for ethylene absorbers product adoption?
- How is the adoption of ethylene absorbers expected to impact the profit and operation of the end-user industries?
- How is the sales channel of ethylene absorbers projected to evolve over the forecast period?
Ethylene Absorber Market
The discovery of ethylene gas as a plant hormone for ripening was made by Richard Gaze in 1934. Ethylene gas at that time was controlled solely by the manipulation of environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity.
Potassium permanganate is among the leading raw materials used in the ethylene absorber market. Potassium permanganate was the first material to be used as an ethylene absorber, it was followed by sodium permanganate and clay, among others. In 2003, 1-Methylcyclopropane was introduced as an ethylene absorber in the segment, it has remained the market leader in the ethylene absorber market especially for apples ever since.
Ethylene Absorber Industry Overview
The global ethylene absorber market is expected to reach $56,594.1 million by 2031, with a CAGR of 21.89% during the forecast period 2020- 2031. The increasing growth in the packaging industry and increasing demand of ethylene absorber products in domestic applications are expected to be the major driving factors for the market. Fruits and vegetables are expected to retain their hold over the ethylene absorbers demand due to their high sensitivity to ethylene gas.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ethylene Absorber Market by End User
The ethylene absorber market has been segmented based on end user, including fruits and vegetables, flowers and crops and seeds. The fruits and vegetables end user segment is estimated to dominate the global ethylene absorbers market due to the growing need for fresh packaged foods with high shelf-life.
Ethylene Absorber Market by Application
The ethylene absorber market has been segmented based on application, including controlled atmosphere storage, ripening rooms, transportation/shipping and, residential. Transportation/shipping application is expected to be the front runner in the global ethylene absorber market due to the rapid growth in demand of fruits, vegetables and flowers. Since this produce is generally indigenous, the shipping and transportation distance is increased. Thus, the demand of ethylene absorbers within is boosted.
Ethylene Absorber Market by Chemicals
The ethylene absorber market has been segmented based on chemicals, including potassium permanganate, sodium permanganate, alumina, clay, 1-MCP, zeolite and, others. 1-MCP is expected to be the market leader in terms of market value in the forecast period 2021-2031 due to its higher price coupled with increased adoption due to high absorption capabilities in apples ethylene absorber market. Potassium permanganate is expected to hold the lion’s share in the ethylene absorber market in terms of volume due to it’s cheaper price and fairly high ethylene gas absorption capabilities in the vegetables, bananas and kiwifruits segment.
Ethylene Absorber Market by Product
The ethylene absorber market has been segmented based on product, including anti-ethylene bag, ethylene filter, ethylene sachet, ethylene sheet, ethylene pad, environmental control system, and others. Ethylene environmental control systems are expected to hold the lion’s share in the product segment of ethylene absorbers market due to higher price of the product coupled with increased efficiencies along with capability to be used in the transportation/shipping, ripening rooms as well as cold storage segments. This allows the product a greater market potential as compared to other ethylene absorber products.
Ethylene Absorber Market by Region
The ethylene absorber market has been segmented based on region including North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East and Africa. South America is expected to account for the highest share of the global ethylene absorber market, owing to a significant number of companies establishing their manufacturing and packaging sites in the region, production of fruits and flowers such as bananas, kiwifruits and avocados, among others and longer transportation routes from the region to the other regions.
Key Market Players
Key companies operating in the market include GreenKeeper Iberia, Symphony Environmental Ltd, BioXTEND Inc., Bee Chems, Sercalia, SL, Lipmen CO., Ltd., SECCO INTERNATIONAL GROUP, DeltaTrak, Ethylene Control Inc., Bioconservacion, S.A., Dongguan Dingxing Industry Co., Ltd, Sancopack, Keep-It-Fresh, Praxas, Isolcell S.p.A., Hazel Technologies, Inc, AgroFresh Inc.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.