Metallocene Technologies and Global Markets
The global market, in volume terms, for metallocene-catalyzed resins and elastomers should reach 23.9 billion pounds by 2025 from 17.5 billion pounds in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% for the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
- 30 data tables and 13 additional tables
- A brief overview and contemporary analysis of the global market for metallocene technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2019, estimates for 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Discussion of underlying factors driving the industry growth, economic trends, demographic shifts, technological advancements, and regulatory aspects that shape and influence the future marketplace
- Characterization and quantification of metallocene catalyzed resins and elastomers, and breakdown of the global market data (in value and volumetric terms) by type, application, end use industry and geographical region
- Identification of the technical as well as other non-technical challenges that must be prevailed over for the market to realize its full potential
- Market share analysis of major stakeholders operating within the industry and their key competitive landscape
- Comprehensive company profiles of leading global corporations, including Borealis AG, Chevron Phillips Chemical Co., LLC, Dow Chemical, Japan Polychem Corp., LG Chemical Ltd., LyondellBasell Industries and Mitsui Chemicals
This report covers global markets for the metallocene-catalyzed versions of the following resins/elastomers: LLDPE, HDPE, VLDPE, polypropylene, and EPDM, along with the more recently introduced variants known as polyolefin plastomers (POPs) and polyolefin elastomers (POEs). Important competitive non-metallocene-based resins also are explored.
Major global producers are covered in terms of key trade-named products. Applications of metallocene resins/elastomers will be covered, including films used in nonfood packaging, non-packaging films, consumer/industrial packaging, flexible food packaging, rigid food packaging, shrink/stretch films, wire/cable, hose/tubing, polymer modification, medical products and automotive products.
Metallocene resin/elastomer producers, including specific trade named products, will be covered along with up-to-date information on joint ventures, licensing arrangements, new technologies, and patents.
Note: The volumes forecast in this report consider the economic impact of the COVID-19 virus.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.
- Biodegradable Polymers: Global Markets and Technologies (PLS025J)
- Predictive Analytics: Global Markets (IFT249A)
- Electroceuticals: Technologies and Global Markets (MDS001B)
- In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Quality Controls: Global Market (BIO233A)
- Additive Manufacturing in Powder Metallurgy: Global Markets (AVM231A)
The global market volume of metallocene-catalyzed resins and elastomers should reach 20.4 billion pounds by 2022 from 14.5 billion pounds in 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7% during 2017-2022.
- 30 data tables and 11 additional tables
- A detailed overview and industry analysis of the global market for metallocene-catalyzed resins and elastomers
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Characterization and quantification of metallocene materials and segmentation of the market by type, application, end-user industries etc.
- Elaboration on the influence of government regulations, current technology, and the economic factors that are and will shape the marketplace
- Identification of end-use markets and materials that would be replaced by metallocene polymers, and information on metallocene polyethylene & plastomer
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market, including Borealis AG, Dow Chemical Corp., ExxonMobil Chemical Company, Japan Polychem Corp., and Total Petrochemicals
The global metallocene resin/elastomer market reached nearly 11.4 billion pounds in 2012 and should reach nearly 11.9 billion pounds in 2013. Total market volume is expected to reach 14.8 billion pounds in 2018 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5%.
- An overview of the global market for metallocene technologies with coverage of the metallocene-catalyzed versions of the following resins/elastomers: LLDPE, HDPE, VLDPE, polypropylene, polystyrene and EPDM, along with variants known as polyolefin plastomers (POPs) and polyolefin elastomers (POEs); ethylene-styrene copolymers and cyclic olefin copolymers which are both based on metallocene technology will also be described
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2011, estimates for 2012, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2017
- Identification of end-use markets and materials that will be replaced by metallocene polymers
- Discussion of the competitive scenario in which these resins and elastomers will compete with traditional LLDPE, HDPE, VLDPE, EVA, ionomers; other resins/elastomers will also be analyzed, along with the backdrop of a wide array of applications led by nonfood and food packaging flexible films, stretch/shrink films, nonpackaging films, and many other uses in markets such as rigid packaging, medical, automotive, wire/cable, hose/tubing, polymer modification and a miscellaneous category made up of foams, sporting goods, toys, footwear, continuous filament, and nonwoven fibers
- Coverage of topics such as technologies, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, FDA status, legal issues, industry structure, recycling, and pricing
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
Metallocene resin/elastomer applications will grow at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 7.3%.
The leading metallocene application, packaging films, will grow from 710 million lbs. in 2002 to 973 Million lbs in 2007.
The aggregate total of metallocene resins/elastomers is about 1.5 billion pounds.
The metallocene resin/elastomer industry is characterized by complex, overlapping licensing arrangements.