Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market - A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Application, Region, and Technology - Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031
Global Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market to Reach $1,239.4 Million by 2031
Market Report Coverage - Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market
- Application: Consumer Goods, Building and Construction, Automotive, Stainless Steel, and Others
- Technology: Vacuum Deposition, Sol Gel, and Others
- North America: U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- Europe: France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia
- Asia-Pacific – Japan, India, South Korea, Taiwan, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- Rest-of-the-World: South America and Middle East and Africa
Market Growth Drivers
- Rising Applications in Consumer Goods Industry
- Increasing Demand from End-Use Applications
- Stringent Environment Regulations
- Non-Uniform Pricing of Anti-Fingerprint Coating
- Adoption of Anti-Fingerprint Coating in Premium and Luxury Cars
Key Companies Profiled
- AGC Inc., Cytonix LLC, Daikin Industries Ltd., Essilor International S.A., Harves Co., Ltd., Izovac Ltd., Leader Optronics Technology Co. Ltd., NAGASE & CO., LTD., NANOKOTE PTY LTD., NanoSlic Smart Coatings, Natoco Co., Ltd., Nippon Paint Surf Chemicals Co., Ltd, PPG Industries, Inc., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., and TAIWAN FLUORO TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
How This Report Can Add Value
The product segment helps the reader in understanding the different types of technologies (vacuum deposition, sol gel, others) associated with anti-fingerprint coating. The report also includes a thorough qualitative and quantitative analysis of various application areas (consumer goods, building and construction, automotive, stainless steel, others). Additionally, the research also covers regional and country-wise analysis for different technologies and applications in the anti-fingerprint coating market.
The growth in the market is expected to rise owing to the rising demand for anti-fingerprint coatings for their applications in the automotive industry, especially from countries such as India, China, Taiwan, Thailand, and Brazil. Furthermore, large-scale investments by companies, such as Fingerprint Cards AB to introduce biometric solutions for luxury as well as premium segment cars to increase security through driver identification and authentication, are expected to further fuel the market for anti-fingerprint coatings during the forecast period 2021-2031.
Key questions answered in the Report
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for anti-fingerprint coatings during the forecast period 2021-2031?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global anti-fingerprint coating market?
- What is the global anti-fingerprint coatings market size in terms of value and volume (million square meters) from 2020-2031 along with the year-on-year growth rates and the CAGR from 2021 to 2031?
- What are the different types of anti-fingerprint coating materials being used across different industries and their growth patterns in terms of value in different regions and countries?
- What are the major technologies used for applying anti-fingerprint coatings?
- What are the new strategies adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the anti-fingerprint coating industry?
- What are the major end-user industries for anti-fingerprint coatings globally in terms of revenue generation and volume consumption?
- Which are the major regions and countries that provide growth opportunities for the anti-fingerprint coating market?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the anti-fingerprint coatings market on the basis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
- Who are the key players (along with their detailed analysis and profiles, including their financials, company snapshots, key products and services, and SWOT analysis) in the market?
Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market
The anti-fingerprint coatings market has been developing significantly since 2014, and much has been attributed to the technological advancements in this field. The ecosystem of anti-fingerprint coatings market comprises material and technology suppliers, coating manufacturers, and end users. The market is still developing, with Asia-Pacific in the forefront, followed by Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and South America.
Impact of COVID-19 on Anti Fingerprint Coatings Market
The COVID-19 pandemic has restricted the growth of the market as the companies have lowered their research and development funding to develop innovative solutions. The key players in the China and Asia-Pacific regions were affected the most during the first wave of the COVID-19 and had to follow strict lockdowns to ensure the safety of their employees. This affected the manufacturing and development of the anti-fingerprint coating market. However, with the vaccination process being implemented, the market is expected to grow gradually.
Anti-Fingerprint Coating Industry Overview
Anti-fingerprint coatings are widely used for their anti-smudge properties. The demand for anti-fingerprint coatings is primarily driven by a high demand for smartphones. These anti-fingerprint coating products improve the visibility of the screen, even in bright lights indoors or in sunlight.
The anti-fingerprint coating market is estimated to reach $1,239.4 million in 2031, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.82% during the forecast period 2021-2031. The major driving factor for the anti-fingerprint coating market would be the rising applications of such coatings in consumer goods industry and increasing demand from end-use applications.
Global Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market by Application
The application segment of the market is segmented into consumer goods, building and construction, automotive, stainless steel, and others. Building and construction is one of the major application areas for global anti-fingerprint coating, including its extensive application in architectural glass and ceramic sanitaryware. Anti-fingerprint coatings used in architectural glasses have applications in museums, commercial offices, and shop fronts. These coatings help in reducing the maintenance cost due to their self-cleaning properties. In addition, the anti-fingerprint coatings also provide aesthetic looks to the architectural glasses. In the case of sanitaryware, anti-fingerprint coatings are majorly used for hygienic purposes. The use of anti-fingerprint coatings in sanitaryware applications helps in reducing the adhesion of dirt particles and water droplets on ceramic as well as stainless steel fittings.
Global Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market by Technology
The technology segment of the market is segmented into Vacuum Deposition, Sol Gel, and Others. Technology plays a vital role in the production of anti-fingerprint coating. Different technological advancements have led to the increased production of these coatings. Vacuum Deposition is one of the major application areas for global anti-fingerprint coating. Vacuum deposition process is used by a variety of end-user industries, such as automotive, consumer goods, and building and construction, to deposit a thin layer of coating on the surface of different products. In this coating technology, the parts to be coated are kept in a chamber, whereby vapours start diffusing on the substrate of the part due to condensation under high pressure. The coatings applied by the vacuum deposition process offer noteworthy improvement in the wear and corrosion resistance when compared with the conventional method. Several techniques such as sputtering, electron beam, ion plating, and arc deposition are used for the deposition of coatings on the metallic and glass surface.
Global Anti-Fingerprint Coating Market by Region
The regional segment of the market is categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, China, U.K., and Rest-of-the-World. China is expected to account for the highest share in the global anti-fingerprint coating market. The increasing demand for low maintenance cost in various end-user industries, such as stainless steel, consumer goods, and automotive, has led to a wide acceptance of anti-fingerprint coatings in product manufacturing and mass customizations, over time. This has led to a significant rise in the demand for anti-fingerprint coated products in the region. Additionally, concerted efforts by both the government and the manufacturing sector have played a pivotal role in making this region the frontrunner in the market for anti-fingerprint coating ecosystem.
Key Market Players and Competition Synopsis
Key players operating in the market include AGC Inc., Cytonix LLC, Daikin Industries Ltd., Essilor International S.A., Harves Co., Ltd., Izovac Ltd., Leader Optronics Technology Co. Ltd., NAGASE & CO., LTD., NANOKOTE PTY LTD., NanoSlic Smart Coatings, Natoco Co., Ltd., Nippon Paint Surf Chemicals Co., Ltd, PPG Industries, Inc., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., and TAIWAN FLUORO TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
The companies that are profiled in the report have been selected based on a selective pool of players, primarily Tier-1 (holding 50-60% of the market) and mid segment players (comprising 30-40% share), and small and emerging companies (holding the balance 10-20% share), based on various factors such as product portfolios, annual revenues, market penetrations, research, and development initiatives, along with a domestic and international presence in the anti-fingerprint coating industry.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.