Global Automotive MEMS Sensor Market Analysis & Forecast, 2017 - 2021 Focuses on Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Flow and Pressure Sensor, Safety and chassis, Body Electronics and Telematics and Passenger Vehicles
During 2014-2016, the automotive MEMS sensor has increased its market penetration due to competitive pricing, higher demands from the Tier 1 and Tier 2 OEM suppliers, and multiple functionalities. MEMS sensor can be classified into accelerometer, flow sensors, pressure sensor, chemical sensor, and magnetic sensors among others for the automotive industry. The most attractive automotive technological trends driving MEMS sensor application are advance infotainment features, connected car platform, ADAS, and alternate propulsion vehicle. Moreover, rising awareness on the safety of drivers, growing influence of safety regulations imposed by European Union and the U.S. Department of Transportation, among others have made sensors a very crucial component of the automotive system. The advancement of micromachining technologies such as 3D printing have increased tolerance controls to higher efficiencies, which will enable increased manufacturing outputs for MEMS sensor market. The automotive MEMS sensor market by volume is estimated to witness a growth at a CAGR of ~13% for the period 2016-2022. The report is a compilation of various segmentations including market breakdown by sensor type, vehicle type, application, and different geographical areas.
The report focusses on market analysis and forecast for MEMS sensor market by type of sensor, which is subdivided into accelerometer, gyroscope, inclinometer, and flow and pressure sensor, among others. The global market has also been segmented by vehicle type (passenger and commercial vehicles) and by application (safety and chassis, powertrain, body electronics and telematics, among others).. The report also details the leading players involved in the industry and provides an overview of future trends and drivers for the MEMS sensor.
The report answers the following questions about the global automotive MEMS sensor market:
- What is the global automotive MEMS sensor market size in terms of revenue and volume from 2016-2021
- What is the dominant type of MEMS sensor type used in the automotive industry
- What is the revenue generated by the different types of MEMS sensors, vehicle type, and application of automotive MEMS sensor market
- Which vehicle type will lead by volume in the global automotive MEMS sensor market by the end of the forecast period
- What is the revenue generated by the different application types in the global automotive MEMS sensor market in the period 2016-2021
- What will be the different factors driving the market during the forecast period
- What are the major factors challenging the growth of the global automotive MEMS sensor market
- What kind of new strategies have been adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry
- Which region will lead the global automotive MEMS sensor market by the end of the forecast period
- The report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America (the U.S and Canada), Europe (Germany, the U.K, France, Italy, and the Rest-of-Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, South Korea, India, and the Rest-of-APAC), and the Rest-of-the-World (RoW). Each geographical region analysis details the individual driving and restraining forces acting in the market in addition to the key players from that particular region.
- The report examines the role of the leading market players involved in the industry. The Company Profiles section includes highlights of significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies and developmental activities of recent years (2014-2017). Some of the key players are Invensense Inc., STMicroelectronics N.V., Analog Devices Inc., Elmos Semiconductors AG, Denso Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Panasonic Corporation, Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., NXP Semiconductors, and Texas Instruments Inc., among others.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.