Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market: Focus on Product, Mechanism, Application, Target Antigen, Country Data (14 Countries), and Competitive Landscape - Analysis and Forecast, 2020-2030
Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market to Grow at a CAGR of 44.79% from 2020-2030
Market Report Coverage - CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Therapy Application – Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), Multiple myeloma (MM), Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), Follicular lymphoma (FL), Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), and other cancers or indications
- Target Antigen – CD19/CD22, BCMA (B-cell maturation antigen), and others target antigens
- North America – U.S., Canada
- Europe – Germany, France, Italy, U.K., Spain, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific – China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Latin America – Brazil, Mexico, and Rest-of-the-Latin America
- Rising Number of Patients with Hematologic Cancers
- Dramatic Rise in Global CAR T-Cell Trials
- Landmark Approvals of CAR T-Cell Therapies by the U.S. FDA and the EMA
- High Treatment Cost of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Side Effects of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Opportunities for Immunotherapy
Key Companies Profiled
- Amgen, Inc., Autolus Therapeutics plc., Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bluebird Bio Inc., Bristol-Myer Squibb, CARsgen Therapeutics, Ltd., Cartesian Therapeutics, Inc., Cellectis S.A., Celyad Oncology SA, Fortress Biotech, Inc., Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Kite Pharma, Inc., Legend Biotech Corporation, Novartis AG, and Pfizer, Inc.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What is a CAR T-cell?
- How are CAR T-cells developed?
- What are the various indications targeted using CAR T-cell therapies?
- What are the various CAR T-cell therapies available in the market?
- What are the emerging CAR T-cell therapies for the treatment of hematologic cancers?
- How does the pipeline for the global CAR T-cell therapy market look like?
- What is the current market size and future potential of these CAR T-cell therapies?
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global CAR T-cell therapy market?
- What is the mechanism of action of various CAR T-cell therapies available in the market?
- What mechanisms of action and molecules are being trialed the most in pipeline products?
- What are the target antigens in CAR T-cell therapy?
- How does the clinical trial landscape look for the global CAR T-cell therapy market?
- What is the patent landscape of this market? What will be the impact of patent expiry on this market?
- What is the price structure of CAR T-cell products?
- What is the total cost of treating a patient with CAR T-cell therapy?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on this market?
- What are the guidelines implemented by different government bodies to regulate the approval of CAR T-cell therapy?
- What are the reimbursement scenario and regulatory structure for CAR T-cell therapy?
- What are the challenges faced by manufacturers in CAR T-cell therapy development?
- What are the key technological developments on which the current industry leaders are spending a major share of their research and development (R&D) investments?
- Which are the leading players currently holding dominating shares in the global CAR T-cell therapy market?
- What are the key strategies incorporated by the players of the global CAR T-cell therapy market to sustain the competition and retain their supremacy?
- What is the current revenue contribution of the global CAR T-cell therapy market (by application type), and how is it expected to evolve in the forecast period?
- What is the current revenue contribution of the global CAR T-cell therapy market (by target antigen), and how is it expected to evolve in the forecast period?
- Which region is expected to contribute the highest revenue to the global CAR T-cell therapy market during the forecast period?
The scientific community has been pursuing research for the development of CAR T-cell therapy for over a century. Immunotherapy has emerged as an innovative treatment option over decades, as it harnesses the patient’s immune system to attack cancer. The global market for CAR T-cell therapy is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 44.79% over the forecast period 2020-2030. The market is driven by certain factors, which include increasing global geriatric population, increasing number of lymphoma and leukemia cases, rising number of relapsed or refractory cancer cases showing response failure to alternative treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy, focus on research and development of novel immunotherapies, and strong product pipeline of global CAR T-cell therapy.
The market is favored by the development of CAR T-cell therapy for several clinical areas such as diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), multiple myeloma (MM), chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), follicular lymphoma (FL), mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), and other cancers or indications. The increase in the geriatric population and the increasing number of lymphoma and leukemia cases across the globe are expected to translate into a significantly higher demand for the CAR T-cell therapy market.
Furthermore, the companies are investing huge amounts in research and development of CAR T-cell therapy either as a monotherapy or as combination therapy. The clinical trial landscape of various hematologic cancers has been on the rise in recent years, and this will fuel the CAR T-cell therapy market in the future.
Within the research report, the market is segmented based on application, target antigen, and region. Each of these segments covers the snapshot of the market over the projected years, the inclination of the market revenue, underlying patterns, and trends by using analytics on the primary and secondary data obtained.
The exponential rise in the application of precision medicine on a global level has created a buzz among companies to invest in the development of novel CAR T-cell therapy. Due to the diverse product portfolio and intense market penetration, Novartis AG. has been a pioneer in this field and has been a significant competitor in this market.
The pharmaceutical leading manufacturer, Kite Pharma, Inc. (a Gilead Company), has launched its CAR T-cell therapies into the market such as Yescarta (axicabtagene ciloleucel), and Tecartus (brexucabtagene autoleucel) to compete with Novartis AG’s Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel) therapy market dominance.
Based on region, North America holds the largest share of the CAR T-cell therapy market due to improved healthcare infrastructure, rise in per capita income, early availability of approved therapies, and availability of state-of-the-art research laboratories and institutions in the region. Apart from this, the Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.