Global Cathode Materials Market: Focus on Type (NCM, LCO, LMO, NCA, and LFP), End-User (Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Power Tools, and Energy Storage Systems), & Value Chain - Analysis & Forecast (2018-2023)
The cathode materials are made up of cobalt, nickel, and manganese in the crystal structure. This crystal structure forms a multi-metal oxide material to which lithium is added. Originally, the primary active component of the cathode was cobalt. Today, cobalt is frequently substituted partially with nickel (NCM, NCA). The most prominent cathode chemistries are Nickel Manganese Cobalt (NCM), Nickel Cobalt Aluminum (NCA), Lithium Cobalt Oxide (LCO), Lithium Manganese Oxide (LMO), and Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP). Cathode materials are widely used in lithium-ion batteries for use in the automotive industry, energy storage systems, power tools, and consumer electronics. The cathode materials market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.0% and 16.3% between 2018 and 2023 in terms of value and volume respectively.
The report is a compilation of the different segments of the global cathode materials market, including market breakdown by cathode materials type, end-user industry, and geographical areas. Herein the revenue generated from the cathode materials types, namely: NCM, NCA, LCO, LMO, and LFP; end-user industry, namely consumer electronics, power tools, automotive, and energy storage systems; and geographies, namely: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America are tracked to calculate the overall market size, both in terms of value ($million) and volume (kilotons). The report also provides market numbers and analysis on cross segments which includes country by type and end-user industries. While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed summary of the global cathode materials market. It also includes the key participants involved in the industry at the relevant sections.
The report answers the following questions about the global cathode materials market:
- What was the size, in terms of value ($million) and volume (kilotons) of the cathode materials market in 2017, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period, 2018-2023
- What is the market size of different types of cathode materials (by value and volume) and their growth rate during the forecast period, 2018-2023
- How will each end-user industry of cathode materials market grow during the forecast period and what will be the market size (by value and volume) of each of the end-user industry by the end of 2023
- What is the market size for different regions and countries in terms of value and volume in the cathode materials market and their growth across the forecast period, 2018 to 2023
- What is the market size for different regions by type and end-user industry in terms of value and volume ($million and kilotons) in the cathode materials market and their growth across the forecast period, 2018 to 2023
- What is the market size for different countries by type and end-user industry in terms of value and volume ($million and kilotons) in the cathode materials market and their growth across the forecast period, 2018 to 2023
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for cathode materials market during the forecast period
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global cathode materials market
- What is the competitive strength of key players in the global cathode materials market by analyzing through market share analysis
- Who are the key market players (suppliers and customers) in the market, along with their detailed analysis & profiles (including their financials, company snapshots, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)
- What is the market scenario of other associated markets in the cathode materials value chain
The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the Porter’s Five major Forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The most commonly used strategy for developing a better hold on the market has been through business expansions. Moreover, the company profile section highlights significant information about the key companies involved along with their financial positions, key strategies & developmental activities of recent years.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the geographical split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa, and South America. Each geography details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. Some of the key players in the global cathode materials market include BASF SE, ALEEES, L&F Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, NEI Corporation, Nichia Corporation, Nippon Chemical Industrial Co., Ltd., PULEAD, Shanshan Co., Ltd., Sumitomo Corporation, Tanaka Chemical Corporation, Targray Technology International Inc., Toda Kogyo Corp, and Umicore N.V. Few customers or end-users in the cathode materials market are GS Yuasa International Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Samsung SDI Co., Ltd., and Tesla, Inc.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.