India Telemedicine Market: Focus on Consultation Cost, Set-Up Cost, Return on Investment, Infrastructure Landscape, Global Trends, Market Opportunities, COVID-19 Impact, and Competitive Landscape
India Telemedicine Market to Reach Rs. 1,765.5 Crore by 2025
Market Report Coverage - India Telemedicine
- Products and Services (Services, Hardware, and Software)
- Hardware Sub-Segmented into Communication and Networking Equipment, Medical Equipment, and Others (Carts, Kits, etc.)
- Specialty (Radiology, General Practices, Psychiatry & Mental Health, Cardiology & Metabolic Disorders, Oncology, Gynecology, and Other Specialties)
- Urban India (Tier I Cities, Tier II Cities, Tier III Cities, and Tier IV & V Cities)
- Rural India
- Increasing Support from Government of India
- Implementation of Social Distancing Norms and WFH Rules
- Increasing Internet-User Base in Urban and Rural Areas
- Increasing Interest from Doctors and Hospital
- Issues with Data Privacy
- Lack of Awareness Among Rural Population
- Infrastructural Challenges
- Leverage the COVID-19 Phase to Ramp-Up Telemedicine Infrastructure, Especially in States with High Growth Opportunity
- Setting-Up a Complete Integrated Solution Across India
Key Companies Profiled
- Lybrate, mFine, vHealth, Zoylo Digihealth Pvt. Ltd., TeleVital, 1Mg, M16 Labs, Artem Health, Netmeds, Tattvan, and Medimetry
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the key regulations governing telemedicine services in India?
- How is the expansion of telemedicine expected to impact India’s health system?
- What are the key technologies that can be implemented in the telemedicine ecosystem in India?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted India’s telemedicine landscape?
- Who are the leading players that hold significant dominance in the India telemedicine market, currently?
- What are the key business and delivery models followed by telemedicine service providers in India and across the world?
- What are the key market drivers, challenges, growth opportunities, and trends?
- Which are the most lucrative states for the growth of telemedicine services in India?
- How is the expiration of patents likely to disrupt market dynamics?
- Who are the collaborative bodies aimed at propagating telemedicine across India?
- What are the key strategies incorporated by the leading players in the market?
- What is the likelihood of new players entering the market in the near term?
- What is the current revenue contribution for the urban and rural areas in the country, and how is it expected to change in the coming years?
- What is the return-on-investment and break-even timeline for different levels of telemedicine set-up?
- What are the emerging applications of telemedicine in India?
Key USPs of the Report
Following are some of the key contents of the report:
- Impact of COVID-19
This chapter encompasses a description of the current state of the telemedicine market in India, as well as the changes observed as an effect of the lockdown and social distancing norms in the country. Several parameters have been considered, including the difference in levels of adoption in the pre- and post-COVID scenario, funding scenario, reimbursement, and regulatory landscape, and the possibility of an influx of new market entrants.
This chapter will enable the readers to understand the level of impact on the industry due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Business Model Analysis
This chapter comprises the following information:
- Revenue Channel Analysis
This section analyzes the different business models pursued by players and in India, which is concluded in a brief comparative analysis of the strong revenue channels for existing as well as new players.
- Value Chain Analysis
This section describes in detail the value chain for telemedicine as a whole, i.e., including the service providers, healthcare providers, hardware and software providers, and telecommunications service providers. In addition, it also describes the value chain, specifically for telemedicine service providers.
- Furthermore, the chapter also discusses the emerging areas of application for telemedicine in India, the digital readiness of different states, and the future opportunities, which could be untapped with the aid of strong government support.
- Telemedicine Infrastructure Set-Up Cost Analysis
This section is useful to understand the amount of investment required for different levels of telemedicine setups. In addition, the chapter also provides ROI matrices and break-even analysis to analyze the profitability of the business.
- Case Studies
This chapter assesses some of the key players based on their delivery and business models, collaborations, funding, offering, and operational & expansion strategies.
In addition, the report provides:
- A detailed analysis and growth forecast (2020-2025) for different market segments
- Recent developments and trends in India as well as the global market landscape
- Average consultation costs based on specialties
- Factors promoting and inhibiting market growth
The issue with low penetration of telemedicine in the rural areas of India is not due to lack of infrastructure. Infrastructure is sufficiently available. There is a lack of willingness among market participants to go there and expand.
Scope of the India Telemedicine Market
The report constitutes an in-depth analysis of the India telemedicine market, including a thorough analysis of the products and services. The study also presents detailed analysis and forecast for the India telemedicine services market by region and specialty. The report considers hardware, software, and services for estimating the overall telemedicine market size in India. However, market splits by region and specialties have been provided for consultation services.
The purpose of the study is to gain a holistic view of the telemedicine market in India in terms of various factors using it, including regulations, technology, end-user acceptance, and others. The study provides a plethora of information on several aspects, including market competition, business models, return on investment, set-up cost, consultation costs, and other vital information with respect to the India telemedicine market.
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on those emerging technological trends which are likely to disrupt the dynamics of the market.
With over 150 market research reports published annually, BIS Research focuses on high technology verticals such as 3D Printing, Advanced Materials and Chemicals, Aerospace and Defense, Automotive, Healthcare, Electronics and Semiconductors, Robotics and UAV, and other emerging technologies.
Our in-depth market intelligence reports focus on the market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.