Turkey Medical Tourism Market
Turkey is fast becoming one of the major destinations for medical tourism dueto the low treatment prices as compared to other nations. A secure and safe environment, established hospitals, skilled doctors and right climate conditions are some of the factors that determine the potential of a medical tourism destination. There are two unique and imperative explanations behind individuals who travel abroad for medical purposes – high treatment costs in native country and seeking better nature of medicines.
Turkey is known for its historical, cultural and natural beauty that attracts tourists to visit the country. Turkey comes first in the minds of patients who look for both medical treatment and holidays at the same time. Turkey is known to be one of the best health care destinations because it provides world class certified staff, good hospitals and a tourist friendly environment. Some of the major treatments offered by well-known hospitals in Turkey include plastic surgery, dental treatment, cosmetic surgery, electric surgery, hair transplants, in-vitro fertilisation, eye surgery, cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, orthopaedics and traumatology.
Medical Tourism in Turkey: Trends and Analysis of Key Drivers
Medical tourism in Turkey offers a complete package including medical care, spas, thermal, and wellness services along with accommodation in luxury hotels. Turkey medical tourism offers one-stop administration that includes treatment duration, sorting out meetings with health care professionals and booking convenience etc. The global financial crisis has played a significant role in increasing influx of medical tourists to Turkey due to the low-cost medical procedures and vacations in the country. Demand for cosmetic surgeries such as facial implants, skin resurfacing, nose, ear, eyelid and tummy tuck surgery, hip replacement, liposuction, breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction and chemical peel are increasing in Turkey due to the rise in the cost of such surgeries in Europe and North America. High-quality medical care is available at reasonably low prices in Turkey.
People prefer to go for medical treatments to Turkey, because of the highly skilled staff and doctors in private hospitals and clinics. Advanced medical technologies such as Cyberknife, Vinci surgery robot, real beam, PETCT, IGRT, MRI, and Gamma knife is used efficiently by private hospitals and clinics in Turkey and some hospitals are affiliated with the top U.S health institutions such as Harvard Medical School and John Hopkins Medicine. The cost of many treatments is half in Turkey as compared to Western Europe and the U.S. Some of the hospitals that provide world class facilities and best treatment in Turkey include Anadolu Medical Center, Bayindir Hastaneleri Hospital and Guven Hospital. Further, Turkey has introduced tax-free health care zones with the main focus of attracting foreign medical tourists.
Medical Tourism in Turkey: Restraints
However, medical tourists visiting Turkey find it difficult to communicate with locals and health care professionals at the time of their visit. People find it difficult to get the necessary information about good hospitals and skilled medical professionals and more legal framework and complex processes are involved here. Medical tourism facilitators enable the foreign travellers to overcome these challenges and act as a representative of the tourists in the destination throughout the treatment process.
|Base year considered||2022|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2032|
|Units considered||$ Million|
|Segments covered||By Type, By Treatment Type, By Region|
|Industry covered||Travel and Tourism|
Medical Tourism in Turkey: Top Cities
The three top most cities known for their health care facilities in Turkey are Istanbul, Ankara, and Izmir, offering one-stop services to a large number of patients coming from other countries beginning from the day of meeting with the health care professional to the day of departure.
This comprehensive report equips readers with lucid information and analysis on the sector. Future Market Insights’ experienced travel and tourism analysts bring to you accurate and unbiased information to help you make crucial decisions with confidence.
The report offers a 360° view – bringing to the fore key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges prevailing in the sector. To offer readers actionable insights, detailed information on historical trends, current scenario, and future projections is provided in the report.
The report specifically focusses on the leading companies operating in this sector, highlighting their key developmental strategies. A holistic analysis of the leading players is highlighted to help decision makers understand the overall competitive landscape.
What Can Readers Expect from this Report?
- An overview of the sector, including the key factors that have shaped patterns and demand
- Not just data, but insights that you can incorporate in your strategic decision making
- Nuanced underlying factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Data points to understand the past, analyse the present, and project the future
- Trends that will impact the sector in the short- and long-term
- Deeper understanding of the target audience, their motivations, aspirations, and expectations from service providers
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
- Table 1 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast by Region, 2017-2032
- Table 2 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast by Type, 2017-2032
- Table 3 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast by Treatment Type, 2017-2032
- Figure 1 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) by Type, 2022-2032
- Figure 2 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) by Treatment Type, 2022-2032
- Figure 3 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) by Region, 2022-2032
- Figure 4 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) Analysis by Region, 2017-2032
- Figure 5 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value Share (%) and BPS Analysis by Region, 2022-2032
- Figure 6 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Y-o-Y Growth (%) Projections by Region, 2022-2032
- Figure 7 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) Analysis by Type, 2017-2032
- Figure 8 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value Share (%) and BPS Analysis by Type, 2022-2032
- Figure 9 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Y-o-Y Growth (%) Projections by Type, 2022-2032
- Figure 10 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value (US$ Mn) Analysis by Treatment Type, 2017-2032
- Figure 11 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Value Share (%) and BPS Analysis by Treatment Type, 2022-2032
- Figure 12 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Y-o-Y Growth (%) Projections by Treatment Type, 2022-2032
- Figure 13 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Attractiveness by Type, 2022-2032
- Figure 14 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Attractiveness by Treatment Type, 2022-2032
- Figure 15 : Turkey Medical Tourism Market Attractiveness by Region, 2022-2032
Future Market Insights is the premier provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving client in over 160 countries. FMI is headquartered in London, the global financial capital and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI's research and consulting services help businesses around the globe navigate the challenges in a rapidly evolving marketplace with confidence and clarity. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth. We continuously track emerging trends and events in a broad range of end industries to ensure that our clients prepare for the evolving needs of their customers. FMI's team of over 200 research analysts provides market intelligence at global, regional, and country levels. Our analysts are committed to provide independent insights, relying on our cognitive training modules, which conditions them to look at data objectively and unbiasedly. Others you can use from the file Allen just shared when those will be made live.