Furfural: Global Markets
The global furfural market reached nearly $582.0 million in 2015. The market is expected to reach nearly $1.1 billion by 2021 from $625.5 million in 2016, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.7% from 2016 to 2021.
- An overview of the global markets for furfural.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016 and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Breakdowns of the market by types of furfural, by application, by end use industry and by geography.
- Discussion covering current and future trends, and analysis based on various competitive technologies.
- A look at how growing demand for environmentally sustainable biomass based chemicals has fuelled the overall growth of furfural market.
- Analyses of value chains, supply chains, and raw materials.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
This market research study measures the current and future market for furfural, discusses market trends, assesses capacity utilization and provides raw materials analysis.
Under types of furfural, we have included products such as Furan-2-carbaldehyde, 5-Methylfurfural, 5-Chloro-2-furaldehyde and others (Hydroxymethylfurfural, N-O-furfural oxime ethers, 5-Chloro-2-furaldehyde and 5-Phenyl-2-furaldehyde). Other types of furfurals are outside the scope of the report. In terms of application segments, furfuryl alcohol, solvents, chemical intermediates, pharmaceutical agents and others (fragrance ingredients and flavoring intermediates) are considered. Other applications are outside the scope of the report.
In terms of end-use industries where furfural is actually consumed, the report looks only at furfural used in the chemicals (including metal foundries) sector, the pharmaceuticals industry, the food and beverage sector, foundries (except metal foundries) and others (cosmetics, household products and perfume industry). There are industries where furfural is produced as an intermediate, but these industries aren’t considered as end-use industries. Also outside the scope of the report is the non-commercial consumption of furfural by academic institutes and academic research facilities.
The current exchange rate has been used to estimate the market’s present value. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Sinha G. Gaurav, research analyst, holds an MBA in finance from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India), and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). He has worked in almost all domains across the market research industry. He has 11 years of experience in the fields of market research and investment banking. His primary focus is in healthcare, chemicals, electronics, finance and database designing. His publications include subjects such as quantum dots, IT in healthcare, alternative data, ultrafast lasers, inorganic polymers, waste management, factory automation and Voxel, among others.