Welding Equipment and Supplies: The Global Market
The global market for welding products reached nearly $18.4 billion in 2013. This market is expected to reach $19.3 billion in 2014 and nearly $25.1 billion by 2019, demonstrating a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% for the five-year period, 2014 to 2019.
- An overview of the global market for welding products and related consumables.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2012 and 2013, estimates for 2014, and projections of CAGRs through 2019.
- Information pertaining to machinery, filler materials, and accessories for various welding processes.
- A look at how the value of shipments at the manufacturing level fluctuates with the volume of metals consumed in the global industry.
- Insight concerning the fact that new technologies and methods are being introduced in the market at a very fast rate.
The report has been prepared in a simple, easy-to-understand format. A number of tables and charts/figures are included that illustrate current and future market scenarios. The scope of the report includes a detailed study of global and regional markets for various types of welding equipment and consumables with reasons given for variations in the growth of the industry in certain regions.
The analyst is a mechanical engineer with more than 40 years of experience in designing factory layouts and setting up factories. He has set up factories for the production of weighing machines and dynamic balancing machines in India and has experience in designing, producing and servicing the above equipment. He was senior vice president of M/S Schenck Avery Ltd., an Indo-German joint venture, and has set up heavy fabrication shops for fabricating various structures of weighing and dynamic balancing equipment.
Global market for welding products is $16.3 billion in the year 2011 and is projected to cross $17 billion in the year 2012. This is further anticipated to increase to $21.9 billion by 2017 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2%.
- The global market for welding equipment and consumables increased from $12.7 billion in 2007 to an estimated $13.2 billion by the end of 2008. It should reach $16.9 billion by 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5%.
- Arc-welding equipment holds the largest market share. Worth an estimated $10.7 billion by the end of 2008, this segment will reach $13.6 billion in 2013.
- The market for welding robots is growing at a higher rate than any other industrial robot market.
The U.S. and Canadian markets for metal welding equipment and supplies in 2002 is expected to reach $3.9 billion. Rising at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of 3.5%, this market will reach $4.6 billion in 2007.
The world market is estimated at $9.9 billion in 2002 and is projected to grow at an AAGR of 5.0% to about $12.7 billion in 2007.
The world market is growing faster than North America because welding is used to build infrastructure in industrializing Third World nations.
Welding is threatened by alternative joining technologies, such as adhesive bonding, with many users seeing welding as a manufacturing bottleneck.
Arc welding accounts for roughly 75% of the market in North America.
Laser welding grew 10% to 12% annually prior to 2001 and continues to develop.