Agricultural Biotechnology: Emerging Technologies and Global Markets
The global market for agricultural biotechnology reached $26.4 billion in 2013 and $27.8 billion in 2014. This indication is expected to reach $46.8 billion in 2019, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.0% over the next five years.
- An overview of the global markets for agricultural biotechnology.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, 2014, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2019.
- Segmentation of the markets by product type (microarrays, DNA sequencing, biochips, synthetic biology-enabled and transgenic seeds), by crop type, and by geography.
- Information on growth driving forces, market applications, industry structure and competitive dynamics.
- Analysis of key technologies and products to determine the present and future status of the market.
The scope of the report includes key agricultural biotechnology tools (i.e., next-generation DNA sequencing, biochips, RNA interference, synthetic biology tools and genome editing tools); synthetic biology-enabled chemicals and biofuels; transgenic seeds; and biologicals.
BCC Research analyzes these technologies and products to determine the present and future markets and the future applications of agricultural biotechnologies in the major market segments, and to forecast global growth and revenues from 2014 through 2019. The report also discusses industry structure and strategic alliances, competitive dynamics, patent situation and forces driving the market.
BCC Research provides in-depth coverage of the agricultural biotechnology industry structure, including agricultural biotechnology research initiatives, the seed genomics industry, biotech traits industry, synthetic biology industry, genome editing industry, agricultural biologics industry, and industry acquisitions and strategic alliances.
John Bergin has produced successful and highly regarded market research reports in the life science industry for BCC research for more than 10 years. Mr. Bergin has held business development and international sales and marketing positions with Corning Inc., an advanced materials company. He has also held executive management positions with IBC Advanced Technologies, a molecular recognition company specializing in separations. Mr. Bergin's extensive expertise in commercializing new technologies is reflected in his market research reports.
Mr. Bergin received a BS degree in Chemistry and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Brigham Young University and an MS degree in biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University. John Bergin is a pseudonym of the author.
- Liquid Biopsy Research Tools, Services and Diagnostics: Global Markets (BIO150D)
- DNA Data Storage: Global Markets and Technologies (BIO202A)
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing: Global Markets and Technologies (MDS008A)
- Next Generation Cancer Diagnostics: Technologies and Global Markets (BIO081C)
- Rare Disease Diagnostics: Technologies and Global Markets (PHM227A)
The global market for agricultural biotechnology was $13.7 billion in 2011 and is estimated to grow to $14.4 billion in 2012, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.4%, to reach a forecast value of nearly $24.8 billion in 2017.