Next Generation Sequencing for Non-invasive Prenatal Testing: Global Insights
The global market for non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) should grow from $1.9 billion in 2018 to reach $3.1 billion by 2023, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.2% during the forecast period of 2018-2023.
- 23 data tables and 61 additional tables
- An overview of the global insights of next generation sequencing (NGS) for non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) within the biotechnology industry
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, France, Germany, U.K., Italy, Spain, China, India, Japan, South Korea and rest of the world countries
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Characterization and quantification of the market potential for NGS by geographical region, type, application sector, and end user industry
- Discussion of next generation sequencers, NGS technologies, NIPT methods, clinical applications and industry structure
- Examination of regional dynamics, and key technological updates for both NGS and NIPT market
- Comprehensive profiles of the leading companies involved in the clinical, genetic testing and sequencing industries, including 10X Genomics, Inc., 23andMe, Agilent Technologies, Inc., Illumina Inc. and Natera, Inc.
The scope of the report includes NIPT methods, applications, patents and companies. The markets for NGS-based NIPT are given for the years 2017, 2018 and 2023.
This report reviews the main sequencing technologies and provides detailed discussion on next generation sequencing and its applications in different fields. The main focus of the study is NIPT. The market dynamics such as drivers and restraints for both NGS and NIPT market have been discussed in this report.
The report examines the markets by NIPT methods, high-risk and low-risk pregnancies and geography. The end-user segment of this market is based on disease area and healthcare setting. Disease areas include trisomies 21, 18 and 13 and Turner syndrome (a sex chromosome aneuploidy). Healthcare settings include diagnostic laboratories and hospitals.
Specific geographic markets are discussed, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the rest of the world.
As a background study, industry sectors analyzed include sequencing instruments, target enrichment, informatics, clinical laboratory testing services, reproductive health diagnostics, liquid biopsy, immune sequencing, HLA typing, third generation sequencing and direct to consumer.
BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from 2016 through April 2018, including key alliance trends.
BCC Publishing Staff comprises expert analysts who are skilled in conducting primary research, secondary research and data analysis and have decades of combined experience covering a wide range of industries, including healthcare, advanced materials and emerging technologies. Collectively, the team represents a diverse set of educational achievements with individual graduate work completed in fields such as microbiology, electrical engineering, business administration and surgery, among others.