Antiseptics and Disinfectants
The global market for antiseptics and disinfectants reached nearly $5.0 billion and $5.3 billion in 2013 and 2014, respectively. This market is estimated to increase from $5.6 billion in 2015 to $7.9 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.0% from 2015-2020.
- An overview of the global markets an overview of the current and future characteristics of the global market for antiseptics and disinfectants.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013 and 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Present and future strategies within the antiseptics and disinfectants market, including factors affecting the market with the inclusion of breakdowns of the market by end users.
- Coverage of categories of antiseptics and disinfectants like biguanides and amidines, phenol and derivatives, iodine products, quaternary ammonium compounds, silver compounds, aldehydes, alcohols, oxidizing agents, and others.
- An overview of the mechanism of action, and selection criteria, for antiseptics and disinfectants.
- A look at major changes in market behavior, such as acquisitions, mergers, and alliances by companies and global organizations.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
BCC Research assessed the antiseptic and disinfectant market along with global and regional breakdown of sales data, market projection, application of the techniques in diverse areas, current situation, regulatory aspect, patent analysis, market leaders and market share.
This report details the global antiseptics and disinfectants market by category, geography and their application. North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe and emerging markets (Asian countries, South America, parts of Africa, Russia, etc.) are considered for the geographical market analysis. The application of antiseptics and disinfectants in the healthcare setting, home and other industries are also discussed.
Statistical techniques were used for the projection of sales data for the global and regional antiseptics and disinfectants market. The details of antiseptics and disinfectants in the report are based on their present/prospective application, expediency and appropriateness of the products.
Shalini Shahani Dewan focuses on pharmaceuticals and biotechnology and has been a BCC Research contributor since 2002 as both an analyst and project manager. She has explored a wide range of topics and companies, including working for Johnson & Johnson doing market surveillance. She has an undergraduate degree in pharmacy and master's degree in medicinal chemistry. She resides in the Bay Area.
The global market for antiseptics and disinfectants in 2009 was at about $3.4 billion, and with a 12% increase, sales reached about $3.8 billion in 2010. The market is expected to rise at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.1% and reach $7.1 billion by 2016.
- The global market for antiseptics and disinfectants increased from $2.8 billion in 2007 to $3.1 billion in 2008. It should reach $4.9 billion by 2013, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.6%.
- Aldehydes, alcohols and oxidizing agents have the largest share of the market, worth $1.2 billion in 2008 and expected to increase to $1.9 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 9.2%.
- Biguanides, amidines and quaternary compounds have the second largest share of the market, generating $873.9 million in 2008. This should reach $1.6 billion in 2013, for a CAGR of 12.2%.