Transparent Ceramics: Emerging Opportunities
In recent years, transparent ceramics have been gaining growing popularity due to their advantages of high melting points, hardness, bending strength, and elasticity modulus compared to their competitors such as glass and glass-ceramics. This report will examine the great market opportunities for alumina, yttrium aluminum garnets (YAG), magnesium aluminate, fluorides, selenides, and sulfides from the strong growth for the coming five years. This report highlights the applications driven by intense demands and technological innovations.
- An overview of the latest technological advances in processing, materials and applications of transparent (polycrystalline) ceramics
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018 to 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Assessment of market opportunities for alumina, yttrium aluminum garnets (YAG), magnesium aluminate, fluorides, selenides, and sulfides from the strong growth for the coming five years
- A timeline of some major accomplishments for the transparent ceramics
- Discussion of future trend and perspectives, as well as some important issues like optical, mechanical and thermal properties and regulatory challenges, of transparent ceramic materials
Jason Chen has been an analyst and consultant for the polymer, composite, fiber, textile and energy industries for 15 years. He works as a researcher, writer and/or editor for the American Composites Manufacturers Association (ACMA), China Textile Academy (CTA), China Chemical Fiber Association (CCFA), International Fiber Journal, Filtration News, Platts Emission Daily, Vision Systems Design, Pesticide and Toxic Chemical News and MobileTex. Currently he is the chief scientist of a company endeavoring to reduce China's air and water pollution. He has a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemicals and Advanced Materials from Shantou University.