Yeasts, Yeast Extracts, Autolysates and Related Products: The Global Market
The global yeast industry will develop to a market value of close to $5 billion by 2015, an increase from $3 billion in 2009. This represents a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of nearly 8%.
Bakery yeast is by far the largest yeast product in both volume and value. This market sector was valued at $904 million in 2009 and is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of nearly 8% to reach $1.4 billion in 2015.
The market for ethanol yeast is, compared to bakery and brewery yeast, relatively young but is projected to experience a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of more than 18% through the forecast period, increasing from $87 million in 2010 to $240 million in 2015.
- Beer yeast
- Wine yeast
- Yeast for bio–ethanol manufacturing
- Baker’s yeast
- Yeast as a by–product from industrial processes
- Mineral yeast used in feed and food supplements
- Active probiotic yeast used in feed and food supplements
- Yeast cell wall extracts: mannans and beta–glucans
- Yeast autolysates as fermentation starters and as flavor enhancers
- Outlining basic production processes for yeast and the provision of a glossary to better understand the terminology used by this industry
- Highlighting the dynamics of the end–product markets for which yeast is used
- Reviewing market developments for each type of yeast in order to better understand the current situation and positions in specific application sectors
- Analyzing and describing time series of consumption for the past 10 to 20 years and profiling the current geographical consumption pattern
- Discussing prices and price developments in the context of volume growth, competition and of socio–economic framework conditions
- Providing market outlooks through 2015
- Profiling the major players in the global yeast business, analyzing their strategies and objectives
- Providing a picture of the regional distribution of yeast manufacturing plants
- Concluding the report by highlighting a few innovations that are to be researched over the next years.
- Examine BCC’s complete catalog of Market Research Reports and place direct orders
- Subscribe to any of BCC’s many industry newsletters
- Read announcements of recently published reports and newly launched newsletters
- Register for BCC’s well-known conferences
- Request additional information on any BCC product
- Take advantage of special offers