Renewable Energy and Energy-Efficient Technologies in Building Applications
The global market for renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies in building applications reached $294.0 billion in 2015. The market should reach $318.7 billion and $492.0 billion in 2016 and 2021 respectively, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.1% from 2016 to 2021.
- An overview of the global markets for renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies in building applications.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Advanced materials and devices covering solar photovoltaics, solar thermal collectors (solar heat), small hydropower energy, wind energy, and geothermal energy
- Interior and exterior building applications including lighting, HVAC, smart meters, windows, insulation, weather barriers, and roof coverings.
- A detailed patent analysis.
- An examination of government regulation and support.
- Coverage of how the growth of residential and non-residential buildings is likely to affect building energy consumption in different regions of the world.
- Details pertaining to the market's drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities for growth.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
This report provides a detailed review of the global market for technologies utilized in the manufacture and use of renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies in building applications. To help the audience fully understand the market opportunity for these technologies, the report is first geographically segmented into the following regions, with multiple countries individually analyzed:
- North America.
- Asia-Pacific (APAC).
- Rest of the World (RoW).
For each country and its respective geographical region, the report analyzes key market traits, market drivers and industry-specific attributes to effectively explain the market opportunity for renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies used in building applications, including:
- Floor space (by building segment).
- Energy consumption (by building segment).
- Energy expenditures (by building segment).
Using all data gathered to quantify the market for renewable energy technologies by geographical region and technology, this report first analyzes multiple renewable energy technologies with current or potential use in building applications, including:
- Solar photovoltaics (PV).
- Solar thermal (ST).
- Wind energy.
- Small hydropower energy.
- Geothermal energy.
The remainder of the study utilizes all gathered data to quantify the market for energy-efficient technologies in building applications by geographical region, country and technology segment for the following energy-efficient technologies:
- Heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC).
- Energy-efficient lighting.
- Smart meters.
- Energy-efficient windows.
- Weather barriers and efficient insulation.
- Energy-efficient roof coverings.
The report format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Overview that includes the importance of renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies in building applications, environmental benefits of green building, industry structure, trends in buildings, external factors affecting energy efficiency sectors, key definitions and global technology trends.
- Key enabling technologies for renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies used in building applications, including advanced materials and devices with current or potential applications in renewable energy systems, and their commercial or developmental status.
- Developments that will influence commercial prospects/demand for renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies in building applications.
- Key patent and patent application analyses.
- Government programs and policies in support of renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies.
- Technology vendor/company profiles, including manufacturers and related service providers.
- Global trends and projections in the market for renewable energy and energy-efficient technologies in building applications by technology, product type, application, building segment, geographical region and country, from 2015 to 2021.
Lastly, the estimated market values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues.
Erik Vickstrom is a senior management consultant with a U.S.-based boutique management consulting firm. He has experience working with both small engineering firms and Fortune 200 companies on the commercial verification of emerging technologies; on business model development and commercialization plans with technologies in the energy, materials, electronics, manufacturing and environmental markets; and assisting private equity firms with acquisitions in the industrials space. Prior to his current role, Erik worked with small- to large-size companies, focusing on new enterprise development and business strategy in various stages. Erik received his degrees (MBA, M.A., and B.S.) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Ill., where he also conducted his postgraduate work and studies.
When do I get the report?
Most reports are fulfilled immediately. In some cases, it could take up to 24 hours.
In what format does this report get delivered to me?
We will send you an email with login credentials to access the report. You will also be able to download the pdf.
What are the free reports included in my purchase?
They consist of a collection of current reports from various partner publishers scanning multiple industries.
What is the difference between BCC Research and BCC Publishing?
BCC Research curates thousands of reports from different sources and provides access to this content to our clients. BCC Publishing is the publication arm of BCC Research (one of several publishers in our portal).
What reports do I get 'discounts' on with my purchase?
All reports. BCC Publishing reports will be available for a 50% discount. All other partner publishers are also available at deeply discounted rates.
Where are you located?
Wellesley Massachusetts, just outside of Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
How long has BCC Research been around?
We are approaching our 50 year anniversary in 2021!
What if I want you to invoice me for payment via Purchase Order?
Simply choose Pay by Purchase Order when you are checking out. We will connect with you via email to set up your order.
What if I have a question about your reports?
Call us, email us, or chat with us! We encourage your questions and feedback. We have a research concierge team available at all times, and included in every purchase, to help our customers find the research they need-when they need it.
Can I share this report with my team?
Absolutely yes, with the purchase of additional user licenses.
Can I use your research in my presentation?
Absolutely yes, so long as the publisher is properly cited.