Zero Net Energy Buildings: Global Markets
The global Zero Net Energy Building (ZNEB) market reached $42.8 billion in 2022 and should reach $109.2 billion by 2027, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 20.6% during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
- 32 data tables and 21 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for zero net energy buildings
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2021, 2022, estimates for 2023 with projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the current and future market potential and quantification of zero net energy buildings market based on type, end-user, and region
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size and forecast
- Detailed analysis of the regulatory framework and policies and technological changes within the industry
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, and other key market strategies and a relevant patent analysis
- Company profiles of major players within the industry, including Bouygues, CSCEC Ltd., Saint-Gobain, Skanska, and Vinci
This report addresses opportunities in NZE buildings (both commercial and residential) on a broad regional basis divided into four segments: the Americas; Europe; the Middle East and Africa (MEA); and the Asia-Pacific region (APAC). Regional forecasts will include breakouts by building type (e.g., commercial, government, residential), as well as new construction versus renovation and by technology investment area (e.g., HVAC, lighting, building materials, design and consulting and construction services). Economic, environmental, regulatory, manufacturer and technological factors influencing demand are also discussed.
Topics specifically excluded from the study as considered beyond the scope of this report include energy sourcing and business opportunities not directly tied to ZNE buildings, including utilities, energy arbitrage and efficiency measures for non-ZNE implementations.
This report also considers the adverse impact of the Russia-Ukraine war that started in February 2022. The growing economies are assumed to attract key companies in the market and increase consumer spending.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
BCC Research Team possesses expertise and experience in life and physical science domains. They specialize in offering valuable business insights, including industry analysis, competitor intelligence, strategic and financial analysis, and opportunity assessment. The team has in-depth knowledge of various sectors, including healthcare, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, IT, automation, advanced materials, and energy. They are proficient in qualitative and quantitative market intelligence providing clients with actionable insights. With a vast understanding of the competitive landscape, the team can support clients in making data-driven decisions to help them achieve a competitive edge in their respective markets.
|Base year considered||2021|
|Forecast period considered||2022-2027|
|Base year market size||$36.5 billion|
|Market size forecast||$109.2 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of 20.6% for the forecast period of 2022-2027|
|Units considered||$ Millions|
|Segments covered||Product and Service Type, Project Type, Region|
|Countries covered||Americas, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Market Drivers||
|Companies studied||ALTURA ASSOCIATES INC. , BOUYGUES , AECOM , AEDAS , DP ARCHITECTS , FOSTER & PARTNERS , GENSLER , HOK GROUP , IBI GROUP , NIKKEN SEKKEI , PERKINS & WILL , SAMOO ARCHITECTS & ENGINEERS , ACS GROUP , BECHTEL , FLUOR , SAIPEM , ABB , GENERAL ELECTRIC , HONEYWELL , SIEMENS , CHINA STATE CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING CORP. LTD. , DAIKIN INDUSTRIES LTD. , EFFIAGE CONSTRUCTION , FERROVIAL , HOLCIM , HOCHTIEF , INTEGRATED ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS (IES) LTD. , JOHNSON CONTROLS INTERNATIONAL PLC , KINGSPAN GROUP PLC , NET ZERO ENERGY BUILDINGS LTD. , SAINT-GOBAIN , SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC , SKANSKA , STRABAG , VINCI|
The global market for zero net energy (ZNE) commercial buildings was valued at $30.9 million in 2013, increasing to $44.5 million in 2014. The market should total $239.7 million by 2018, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 50.6% between 2013 and 2018.
- An overview of the global markets for zero net energy commercial buildings.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2013, estimates for 2014 and 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2018.
- Information on technologies used in the field including the latest and new potential trends and developments.
- Analysis of important market dynamics, including growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- An economic breakdown of ZNE including construction costs, renovation costs, renewable energy costs, and energy payback.